Chihuly Studio is a lively and world renowned art studio based out of Seattle. We have a rare opportunity for a dynamic, experienced Archivist to join our Registration team.
Our Archivist is responsible for collecting and accessing Chihuly’s biographical and historical career information as well as contributing to the accuracy of information for marketing and publications.
- Collect, archive and maintain documents, publications, imagery, film and other materials for the Chihuly archive
- Fact check essays, manuscripts and Studio generated materials
- Develop and lead strategy and protocol for maintaining archived assets
- Maintain databases of artist’s chronology
- Serve as a reference for internal and external inquiries as well as Studio liaison for authors and publications
- Professionally process archive materials per standards of Society of American Archivists
- BS in Library Science or equivalent. MS in Library Science is preferred
- Experience in databases and Microsoft Office Products
- Experience with digitization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and comprehend information quickly
- Self-directed with the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environment
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including a health/dental/vision care package, employer retirement match, and paid time off.
Applications are accepted using our online application process only. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Please go to: https://careers-hrpmsi.icims.com/jobs/2796/archivist/job to start the online application process.