The Park City Museum in Park City, Utah has a summer opening for a Cataloging Intern. The successful candidate will assist the Museum with a large backlog of cataloging projects (including objects, photographs and archives). The intern will become well versed in cataloguing, condition reporting, object labeling, preservation and re-housing of the Museum’s collection.
Internship duties include:
- Assign and apply object ID numbers
- Create database records and enter information into PastPerfect
- Photograph or scan items and add images to PastPerfect
- Complete condition reports
- Re-house objects using appropriate materials
Additional duties may include assisting the front desk staff, operating a cash register, answering visitors’ questions, researching and writing two articles for the local paper, helping install an exhibit and other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in History, Museum Studies, Public History or related field.
- Knowledge and experience with correct artifact handling techniques.
- Experience with database software (PastPerfect a plus); standard office computer skills are required.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written communication skills and legible handwriting.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently.
- Ability to climb ladders and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Knowledge and understanding of museum management and procedures.
- Experience with cataloging a plus.
This is a summer internship with a preferred start date of June 4, 2018 (negotiable.) The internship will be 35 hours per week for 10 weeks at $9.00/hour. Typical work week will be Monday – Friday; intern will be required to stay until closing at 7:00 pm one night per week, and work one Saturday a month.
Please send a letter of interest and resume by Monday, April 2, 2018 to: Ms. Courtney Titus, Curator of Collections and Exhibits, email@example.com (with "INTERNSHIP" in the subject).