The Department of Heritage and Arts, Division of Arts & Museums is recruiting for a
Collections Manger / Collections Facility Project Manager. Approximately 50% of the time
will be spent on Arts and Museums Collection Management activities and 50% of the time
will be spent to oversee the physical development of a new collection storage facility for
the Department of Heritage and Arts, State History and Arts & Museums. Will act as a liaison between State History, Utah Arts & Museums and Department of Heritage and Arts, other state, local, and federal agencies, and external stakeholders. May require some overnight travel.
The Collection Manager will oversee various projects. This person will perform duties to include:
- Overseeing the physical management and care of objects located in the Alice Merrill Horne Art collection.
- Overseeing the physical development of collections storage space including working with architects and DFCM (Division of Facilities Construction and Management).
- Supervising full-time employees, volunteers, interns, students, and seasonal staff.
- Managing conservation/restoration budget.
- Serving as the project manager for the development of the proposed/new collections management facility.
- Overseeing collections moved from Art Haus to 3rd party storage facility, back to the new building.
- Working the Department of Heritage & Arts, State History and Arts & Museums to develop and initiate new policies and procedures for the new collection facility.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who:
- Has extensive experience in collections management and in the development of collections facilities.
- Has the ability to communicate effectively.
- Has exceptional interpersonal skills.
Preference may be given to those with:
- Post-secondary degree
- Extensive project management experience
- Experience with history and art collections.
- Expertise with arts and heritage/history.
Why You Should Join Our Team
As part of the Division of Arts and Museums you have the opportunity to facilitate conversations and work with passionate and professional team members and constituents, as well as contribute to our rich cultural community around the state of Utah. We offer a rich benefits package with 11 paid holidays per year. Annual leave starting at 4 hours per pay period and increasing over time. In addition, 4 hours of sick leave per pay period as well as medical, dental, vision, life insurance Eco-pass for UTA allowing free travel on Bus, Trax, and FrontRunner along with many other employee incentives and bonuses. Please click HERE to be taken to a page where you may explore all of those possibilities, including a benefits calculator where you can see an actual dollar comparison.
To learn more about the Division of Arts & Museums please click here.