The Charles M. Schulz Museum, a not-for-profit museum in Santa Rosa, CA seeks a multi-talented Curator. Our 27,000 square feet facility showcases the comic art and legacy of Charles M. Schulz and the Peanuts comic strip collection. The Curator is responsible for:
- Planning the exhibition schedule and researching and writing exhibition text for all of the Museum’s exhibition galleries, traveling exhibitions, and the satellite Museum in Tokyo.
- Budgeting, organization, and implementation of original exhibitions, including the administration of a long-term internal exhibitions calendar.
- Leading a collections and exhibitions team, including the Exhibitions Manager, Collections Manager, Registrar, Traveling Exhibitions Manager, Archivist, Assistant Archivist, and temporary projects staff.
- Fostering cross-departmental exchanges of information related to exhibitions and collections in order to bolster efforts in marketing, development, educational programming, and volunteer enrichment.
- Ensuring adherence to best practices of collections care, maintenance, and access.
- Representing the Museum among future donors, collectors, community members, and the general public.
- Liaising with board committee members to coordinate two annual meetings of the exhibitions and collections committees.
Please send cover, resume, and salary requirements to Karen Johnson, Director, Charles M. Schulz Museum, 2301 Hardies Lane, Santa Rosa, CA 95403 or e-mail email@example.com.