The Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA), a division of Scottsdale Arts, is seeking a full time Curatorial Coordinator to assist the museum in its administrative, exhibition and programming functions.
SMoCA provides a memorable experience of art, architecture and design by exploring new curatorial approaches and highlighting cultural context.
The functions of this position include:
- Provides assistance with exhibition related programs and services.
- Provides administrative and scheduling support for the museum.
- Supports the SMoCA Advisory Board and Board Committees including meeting prep, communication, etc.
- Assists with duties related to Guest Speakers/Artists.
- Works with Marketing Department on various collateral for the museum. Assists with PR including social media and website content related to exhibitions.
- Oversees assigned interns.
- Circulates and responds to exhibitions proposals, artist submissions and emailed inquiries.
Qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university in related field plus a minimum of one year experience as an Administrative or Project Management Coordinator. Passion for the arts is essential to the success of the candidate.
Scottsdale Arts offers a rich benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental life insurance, long term disability and more! We offer a 401K after a year’s employment and a Paid Time Off Program with a full holiday schedule. Salary commensurate with experience.