San Diego Art Institute (SDAI) seeks a Development & Communications Manager with proven skills directly applicable to promoting awareness of SDAI exhibitions, programs, events, and outreach in traditional and electronic media, as well as the ability to communicate with and track patron and donor activity. The work involves writing, website, social media, and graphic skills, as well with an aptitude for planning, coordinating, and interpersonal interaction.
SDAI is an 8,000 square foot contemporary art center located in San Diego’s Balboa Park. Founded in 1941, SDAI has evolved into a prominent showcase featuring contemporary art and artists living in Southern California and Northern Baja. Current programming includes six major annual exhibitions, an active artist-in-residence program, and a robust series of lectures, workshops, performances, and social events, as well as youth arts education and community outreach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with SDAI leadership to develop and implement a comprehensive fund development and communications strategy;
- Participate in the conceptualization and implementation of signature marketing materials and campaigns to promote exhibits, events, membership, and donor cultivation and fund development;
- Develop, coordinate and manage production of all informational and promotional materials for website, social media, newsletters, presentations and events;
- Prepare written and graphic content for all outreach efforts;
- Organize and carry out membership and donor development communication efforts and track membership and donor campaigns and donor recognition;
- Monitor social media, web content, and development activities and produce periodic performance reports.
- At least three years directly-related work experience;
- Comfortable interacting and building relationships with the organization’s executive and board leadership, staff, interns, prospects, donors, and community stakeholders;
- Demonstrated skills developing and delivering compelling content in a dynamic, fast-paced environment;
- Proven track record of successfully soliciting gifts of $5,000 and higher
- Hands on experience in social marketing and digital fundraising campaigns with a demonstrated track record of building awareness and engaging new and existing constituents;
- Knowledge and experience in generating reports, measuring campaign performance, and analyzing metrics to support overall strategy;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong project management, analysis, presentation, and relationship building skills;
- Ability to manage and prioritize numerous tasks with agile and quick attention to the most important, and resourcefulness in problem solving;
- Passion, drive, commitment and integrity.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field.
- Knowledge of the regional contemporary arts environment with direct involvement in marketing, communications, and development.
- Experience with Squarespace and donor database management.
Reports to the Executive Director. Supervises and works in coordination with SDAI department directors, support staff, interns, and outside vendors.
This is a full time non-exempt position requiring weekday as well as occasional weekend and evening attendance. Salary is $35,000-$45,000/year, depending on experience. SDAI offers a very generous benefits package including PTO and medical insurance.
The San Diego Art Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform. A three-month probationary period applies to all hires.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume along with a cover letter addressing how you meet the above qualifications via e-mail to email@example.com by midnight PDT, October 14, 2018, and enter “Development & Communications Manager Position” in the subject line. Please note: We will reply to confirm receipt of your email and contact you again only if we would like to schedule an interview. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest.