Applications must be submitted through the University of Utah job portal, please do not contact the UMFA directly: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/72656
The Utah Museum of Fine Arts is located on the campus of the University of Utah and offers visitors the opportunity to explore over 5,000 years of human creativity with a collection of over 20,000 objects and art works from classic Greek and Roman antiquities to cutting-edge contemporary art. Founded in 1914, the UMFA is the state of Utah’s art museum, creating exhibitions and programs that serve a wide array of audiences. The UMFA is housed in the award-winning Marcia and John Price Museum Building.
The UMFA Development Officer, Grants & Institutional Giving is responsible for strategic leadership and management of development activities designed to cultivate, grow, and diversify the UMFA’s foundation, corporate, and government funding, and achieve fundraising objectives. Assists with capital campaign efforts, as needed.
All responsibilities are initiated under the direction of the UMFA’s Director of Development.
Manage development activities designed to cultivate, grow, and diversify the UMFA’s foundation, corporate, and government funding.
• Manage and implement grant and proposal writing process for local, regional, and national foundation and corporate prospects and government agencies, including conducting research, planning solicitation, organize budget information, and write and submit proposals.
• Research prospective funders and present summaries and recommendations to relevant staff.
• Conduct stewardship activities for foundation, corporate, and government funders, including facilitating contacts and engagement, preparing correspondence and reports, and ensuring appropriate and timely acknowledgment and recognition.
• Collaboratively supports UMFA department of Development, Programming and Curatorial activities to ensure that all fundraising and stewardship objectives are achieved.
• Establish and Maintain effective relationships with donors and funding agencies.
Represent UMFA department of Development and External Relations internally and UMFA externally.
• Participates on internal UMFA planning committees in support of exhibitions, programming, and events.
• Coordinates with the University’s Central Development Office to ensure procedural compliance and cross-departmental communication.
• Represents UMFA at appropriate University of Utah activities and committees, as well as at community events.
• Assists with department-related donor stewardship and fundraising events.
• Assists with individual giving functions.
Perform records and data management.
• Maintains thorough records for all foundation, corporate, and government funders, as well as solicitation records for prospective funders.
• Contributes to the creation and maintenance of donor records in the UMFA’s Raiser’s Edge database and the University of Utah’s Advance database.
Other duties as assigned.
• Three or more years in grant writing and development.
• Knowledge of grant research and application processes.
• Familiarity with and knowledge of government and non-government funding programs.
• Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
• Ability to perform and function under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Ability and desire to take the initiative, work independently, and use innovative techniques and ingenuity in preparing grant proposals.
• Mature, team-oriented approach and attitude and a commitment to creating a culture of collaboration and accountability.
• Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
• Strong experience with grant writing.
• Master’s Degree.
• Familiarity and experience with museums and art.
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Advance, databases.