The Museum Of Casa Grande Seeks Director
The Museum of Casa Grande, AZ seeks a highly motivated, self-directed and creatively inclined individual to help lead the Museum into the future. The Museum Director exists as the museum professional at the Museum and reports to the President of the Board of Directors.
The Director, with the assistance of the Museum Coordinator and volunteers has the following duties and responsibilities:
- As Museum Director, manage the operational and administrative duties of the Museum in an efficient and effective manner.
- Oversee budget development and financial management; ensure the accuracy and integrity of complete financial and accounting records and reports.
- Develop plans for exhibitions and programs including exhibition sponsorships.
- Direct the personnel and employment of human resources that includes interviewing, hiring, training, encouraging, coaching, and disciplining and terminating employees.
- Assist in volunteer recruitment and management.
- Supervises volunteer staff members in archives, collections, and other areas
- Ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of the facility, including HVAC systems, technology systems, janitorial staff, and grounds maintenance.
- Maintain and oversee the effective safety and security of the museum.
- Enhance the marketing program to raise awareness and grow audiences.
- Leads museum staff and volunteers to plan, coordinate, and implement outreach to local school districts and educators including home and charter schools
- Represents and promotes the museum through participation at community events and programs
- Continue the development of web-based marketing and strong social media presence.
- Builds upon and seeks additional community partnerships
- Works with sensitivity and awareness of ethnic, age, ability, and socio-economic diverse audiences focusing on inclusive museum practices
- Participate in Board meetings as Director and administrator of the museum.
- As Chief Fundraiser, engage vigorously and effectively in development and fundraising.
- Consistent with current and long-term needs, lead fundraising events, annual fundraising initiatives, specific grant proposals, capital campaigns, and membership campaigns.
- Develop and monitor gift and endowment contributions.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships and communications with members, Board of Directors, donors, and supporters.
- Providing a high degree of visibility in the community, strengthening community relationships and serving as chief spokesperson for the Museum.
- As Chief Strategic Planner provide visionary leadership in long-range planning and implementation.
- Advance the current long range plan established by the Board of Directors.
- Lead the Board of Directors in an annual strategic plan update.
- · Additional Skills Preferred
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree is required and an advanced degree preferred.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication and organization.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, including the capacity to develop innovative strategies for income generation, audience-building, and programming.
- Possess the capacity to develop and maintain positive relationships with members, donors, and community constituents.
- Possess a strong work ethic and high level of energy.
- Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
- No benefit package is provided
- To Apply:
Send a letter of interest, resume, copy of college/graduate school transcripts and a list of three professional references with contact information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled; however, it is the desire of the Search Committee to have an approved candidate ready to assume the position in July 2017.