Director of Development (1914)
Posting Number: req527
12 Month, Full-Time
Idaho Museum Natural History
Pocatello - Main
Development and fundraising for Idaho Museum of Natural History.
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards major gift prospects in assigned college unit.
- Develops and maintains a portfolio of 150 major gift prospects.
- Develops and coordinates special and capital campaigns of the IMNH.
- Keeps accurate and complete records of moves management process and follows prescribed strategies for cultivating, soliciting and acting as a steward of major gifts. Works diligently to coordinate cultivation and solicitation strategies through the Development Office.
- Drives and manages major gift development activities of the Director of the IMNH and other Museum program leaders and faculty.
- Works within a system of metrics including benchmarks of 220 personal visits, 25 major gift solicitations and a prescribed number of new prospects identified annually. The Director of Development for the IMNH will work to achieve an annual fundraising goal.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years of fundraising or related experience.
Advanced degree in a relevant field and successful experience in major gift development and donor relations.
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=527
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Resume which provides a summary of fundraising experience; Cover letter specifically addressing how the applicant meets each of the minimum and preferred qualifications; List of three (3) professional references with contact information.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by August 20, 2017. However, the position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans' preference. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.