Heritage Square currently seeks a dynamic, organized person to work as Director of Events.
Our Director of Events is the primary individual responsible for all short-term Foundation rentals on the Square. The successful candidate will be well-versed in event management, be highly organized, and able to develop strategies for maximizing revenue potential while providing flawless venue services. This is a full-time, salaried position with flexible hours. Weekend and evening availability required.
- Coordinates and oversees all facility rentals for Heritage Square Foundation.
- Develops and implements the external rental program for public and private events.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develops and implements rental policies and procedures consistent with the care of the collection and the facility and the safety of staff and visitors.
- Administers all short-term rental contracts, ensuring full compliance with applicable governing policies.
- Serves as the liaison between clients and Foundation in the overall management of events and weddings; anticipates and troubleshoots problems.
- Works with Executive Director and City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation staff to schedule and coordinate all City events in concert with the Foundation annual calendar.
- Accountable for rental deposits, payment schedules, and deposit refunds for all short-term rentals.
- Generates new ideas for attracting and retaining business.
- Serves as on-site liaison for all contracted event vendors to ensure compliance with Foundation agreements.
- Provides logistical support for all Foundation-sponsored events.
- Maintains inventory and storage of all Foundation hospitality-related equipment and supplies.
- Supervises contracted event staff.
- Must have 2-3 years management experience.
- Polished presentation and public speaking skills
- Professional appearance and deportment
- Strong computer skills on Windows platform.
- Strong organizational, communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and delegate appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively, sensitively and confidentially with a wide variety of people and problems.
- Discretion and tact when handling internal and external matters
- Flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Sherri Starkey, Director of Museum Operations at Operations@HeritageSquarePhx.org
Position open until filled.