Oakland Museum of California
Req No 2016-1185
Category Experience Development
Type Intermittent Part-Time (20 hours per month)
Closing Date ..
Targeted Job Start Date 9/1/17
The Oakland Museum of California values are fundamental to our institutional culture and guide our work together.
Excellence: We are committed to excellence and working at the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
Community: We believe everyone should feel welcome and part of our community, both within the Museum and with our visitors and neighbors.
Innovation: We embrace innovation and calculated risk-taking to achieve our mission.
Commitment: Our work at the Museum demonstrates a sense of purpose and a shared accountability for the institution's success.
The Evaluation Associate is a part-time position (20 hours per month) responsible for assisting with all types of evaluation and audience research studies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects OMCA's definition of essential functions for this position, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. OMCA may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Support the Museum's mission, values, vision, and core commitment to the visitor experience, community engagement, and institutional relevancy for the future
- Contribute to and support the OMCA strategic plan, annual priorities, and institutional initiatives such as diversity advancement
- Contribute to a positive organizational culture based on mutual respect, a spirit of collegiality, cooperation, and openness to many perspectives
- Participate in a culture of ongoing learning, collaboration, innovation, creativity, and community engagement
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Following all data collection protocols:
- Collect paper- and/or digital-based visitor surveys
- Conduct visitor interviews
- Conduct visitor observations
- Record and enter data per designed spreadsheets and data-bases
- Maintain data collection logs
- Draft data recaps
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A combination of experience and education that demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge and abilities for this position is required as noted:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience required
- Attention to detail and ability to follow data collection and entry protocols without deviation
- Ability to develop rapport with strangers to fulfill project and museum objectives
- Critical thinking and ability to be responsive to verbal and non-verbal cues in interviews
- Evidence of successful interactions with a diverse population regarding a wide range of topics
- Ability to communicate in a clear and positive manner in chaotic surroundings for up to four hours
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of Google applications (Sheets, Docs)
- Experience with digital devices (iPads, audio recorder) for data collection
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to the following:
- Noise, such as groups of people working in enclosed areas
- Typical office environment
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Available for weekday and/or evening, weekend, and holiday work
The Oakland Museum of California is a multicultural organization, committed to diversity and practicing equal opportunity employment in recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for open positions.
, The Evaluation Associate is a part-time position (20 hours per month) responsible for assisting with all types of evaluation and audience research studies.