Key Job Responsibilities:
- Pacific Science Center point person for internal and external clients. This includes but is not limited to working with caterers and other vendors before, during and after events. Communicating interdepartmentally to assure smooth event preparation. Coordinating logistical details with clients, caterers, and vendors.
- Maximize the success of 21+ event series. 21+ events include but are not limited to the following: Spectra, Brewology, STEM: Science Uncorked, Science of Spirits, and Theory. Other responsibilities for 21+ events include:
- Working with local distilleries, breweries, wineries and internal departments to find new and unique ways to bring science to our 21+ guests..Build new and creative content for all 21+ events. This includes working with internal departments, and external vendors and organizations.
- Research and solicit organizations for donations and participation, coordinate vendors, performers, and deliveries.
- Adhering to budgets.
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with local distilleries, breweries, and wineries.
- Communicating over the phone with guests and vendors.
- Working in partnership with our Marketing Team to create messaging, while always meeting marketing deadlines to help ensure ticket sales goals are met or exceeded.
- Building and following timelines to ensure that marketing and logistical deadlines are met.
- Establishing and leading meetings with internal teams, including presenting at all staff or department meetings.
- Constantly working with and supporting the Events Team leading up to and on event days including 21+ events, Curiosity Days and donor events.
- Maintain positive relationships with all internal staff, clients and vendors.
- Ensure staff effectiveness by supervising and providing the Event Assistants with all necessary training and tools to perform their essential duties, maintaining open communication, and providing ongoing feedback regarding performance.
- Support the Events team during large events to ensure event success.
- Budget responsibility, including revenues and expenses: Support departmental budget goals by upselling ancillary products and experiences for events. Assist internal clients by producing events within budget.
- The guest experience is a top priority when planning and executing events.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. Excellent customer service skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills, and staff management experience. Quick-thinking problem-solver and decisive leader. Team player. Efficient user of Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with catering service and bartending a plus. Experience with ticketing systems and event planning software a plus. Must have a minimum of one year’s experience in customer service or event planning. Mixologist permit required after employment begins.