Full-Time Exhibit Project Manager
Virtual Science Center
San Jose, California
Virtual Science Center (VSC) has a mission to create inquiry-based learning experiences to educate the public about innovative technologies.
We are looking for a full-time project manager to support the design, visitor testing, fabrication, and implementation of a 5,000 square foot traveling exhibition about the science of virtual and augmented reality. The exhibition will begin touring in 2019.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- All aspects of project management including budgeting, schedules, and documentation through exhibit development, design, prototyping, visitor testing, fabrication, and installation.
- Creating/modifying contracts for independent contractors.
- Provide effective communication between VSC, exhibit design and fabrication firm(s).
- Assist the Chief Experience Officer in obtaining use rights, arranging video shoots, and planning/managing the exhibition’s audio-visual components.
- Develop and maintain the project plan, including cost, resource allocation, schedule and risk management.
- Effectively identify, document, manage and communicate project risks.
- Facilitate project planning sessions with the team and develop detailed project schedules.
- Define project scope and work breakdown schedule.
- At least 3 years experience managing a team in museum exhibition design and fabrication.
- Experience with traveling exhibits and/or exhibits that are modular, portable, and reproducible.
- Experience directing and motivating geographically distributed teams.
- Expertise in presentation and project management tools.
- Proven track record meeting project deadlines.
- BA or BS degree or higher.
- Understanding of Inquiry-based-learning.
- Experience with iterative development strategies.
Please send letter of interest and resume to Meghan Lee, Executive Director at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2018