Human Resources Director
The Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Wyoming, seeks candidates for its Human Resources Director position. The Human Resources Director guides and manages the overall provision of human resource services, policies, and programs for the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. Additionally, this individual has responsibility for management of the Center’s wellness, volunteer, fellowship and internship programs.
Candidates for the position should have a minimum of a four-year degree, with a Master’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred. In addition, the candidate should have ten years of Human Resources Management experience
Other desired qualifications are:
- Possess an excellent knowledge of employment legislation
- Possess strong knowledge of health, safety and wellness practices.
- Have extensive employee relations experience
- Have excellent knowledge of compensation and benefits practices and procedures. Have 3 or more years’ experience with compensation and benefits design and implementation. Have a willingness to do the transactional work in administering these areas.
- Have experience in project planning and management.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Possess qualities of teamwork, patience, adaptability, good humor, and the ability to work cooperatively with other staff and to also work independently.
- Have strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, to include Excel. Knowledge of accounting software or HRIS desirable.
- Human Resources experience in a non-profit is a strong preference.
- Some experience working with volunteers is highly desirable.
The Center offers an excellent benefit package and competitive wages. Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume, references and salary history to: Buffalo Bill Center of the West Human Resource Director Search, 720 Sheridan Ave., Cody, WY 82414 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a job description and additional information about the center refer to: http://centerofthewest.org/about-us/employment/. For more information, please call Christine Searles at 307-578-4089.
The Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.