Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Pacific Science Center
200 Second Ave. North
Seattle, WA 98109
- Summary: Interpretive Science Educators create a positive and memorable experience for guests by sharing hands-on and engaging educational activities with large and small groups as well as individual guests. The educators interpret exhibits and scientific concepts by creating opportunities for guest discovery and guide the guest experience with discussion and exploration, with the goal of inspiring a lifelong interest in science, math and technology.
- Key Job Responsibilities:
- Set the tone for a positive guest experience: welcome each guest, determine if they would like any assistance, provide them information to guide their experience.
- Engage with guests on an individual level: inspire an interest in science and technology through discussion and interpretation of exhibits and through hands-on interactive activities. Ensure all content shared with guests is scientifically accurate.
- Value guests and make them feel important: take time to answer questions, guide exploration of activities and exhibits. Actively seek guest participation.
- Possess baseline content and interpretive competency: be able to interpret basic scientific concepts such as motion or DNA, as well as integrative and current science topics such as climate change or alternative energy.
- Deliver integrated, consistent experiences to guests
- Promote safety and security and protect assets
- Provide mentorship to incoming staff, Discovery Corps members and volunteers
- Staff exhibits for special events and facility rentals