Marketing & Communications Manager
May 1, 2018
San Diego Art Institute (SDAI) seeks a Marketing and Communications Manager with exemplary and proven skills in writing, social media, and graphic design. By employing those skills, the Marketing and Communications Manager is charged with growing the awareness and prominence of SDAI exhibitions, programs, special events, educational series, and community outreach within the Southern California/Northern Baja region.
SDAI is an 8,000 square foot contemporary art center located in San Diego’s Balboa Park. Founded in 1941, SDAI has evolved into a prominent showcase featuring contemporary art and artists living in Southern California and Northern Baja. Current programming includes six major annual exhibitions, an active artist-in-residence program, and a robust series of lectures, workshops, performances, and social events, as well as youth arts education and community outreach. We seek to provide insight into the artistic process, foster community partnerships, and encourage appreciation and respect for the abundant talent that resides in and animates the region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with SDAI leadership to develop and implement annual marketing and communications strategy, content, and campaign plans.
- Conceive, produce and manage website and social media/brand content initiatives to drive engagement of all constituents.
- Craft the design and copy for signature marketing materials and campaigns to promote exhibits, events and programs.
- Monitor performance of social media, web content, and campaigns and develop periodic performance reports.
- Work closely with media, creative partners and contractors to support overall strategies.
- At least three years directly-related work experience.
- Demonstrated skills developing and delivering compelling content in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Hands on experience in social marketing campaign, demonstrating a track record of increasing engagement/followers.
- Web analytics/social listening knowledge and experience in pulling reporting, measuring campaign performance, and analyzing metrics to support overall social strategy.
- Experience utilizing multiple social platforms to build awareness and engage new and existing constituents.
- Excellent communication, writing, project management, analysis, presentation, collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize numerous tasks with agile and quick attention to the most important, and resourcefulness of problem solving.
- Passion, drive, commitment and integrity.
- An interest in and commitment to the mission of SDAI.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field.
- Knowledge of the regional contemporary arts environment with direct involvement in marketing and communications.
Reports to the Executive Director. Supervises and works in coordination with SDAI department directors, managers, and professional service providers.
This is a full time non-exempt position requiring weekday as well as occasional weekend and evening attendance. Salary is $35,000-$40,000/year, depending on experience. SDAI offers a full benefits package including PTO and medical insurance.
The San Diego Art Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform. A three-month probationary period applies to all hires.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume and a cover letter addressing how you meet the above qualifications via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight PST, April 9th and include the position title in the subject line. Please note we will contact you only if we would like to schedule an interview. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest.