The Oakland Museum of California values are fundamental to our institutional culture and guide our work together.
Excellence: We are committed to excellence and working at the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
Community: We believe everyone should feel welcome and part of our community, both within the Museum and with our visitors and neighbors.
Innovation: We embrace innovation and calculated risk-taking to achieve our mission.
Commitment: Our work at the Museum demonstrates a sense of purpose and a shared accountability for the institution's success.
The Marketing Street Team Associate is a member of the Marketing and Communications Department, working in close coordination with the Visitor Experience Team, to support the onsite promotion and sales for OMCA's fall exhibition Nature's Gift: Humans, Friends, and the Unknown. The hours of the position are Fridays 1:00PM to 9:00PM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects OMCA's definition of essential functions for this position, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. OMCA may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Support the Museum's mission, values, vision, and core commitment to the visitor experience, community engagement, and institutional relevancy for the future;
- Contribute to and support the OMCA strategic plan, annual priorities, and institutional initiatives such as diversity advancement;
- Contribute to a positive organizational culture based on mutual respect, a spirit of collegiality, cooperation, and openness to many perspectives;
- Participate in a culture of ongoing learning, collaboration, innovation, creativity, and community engagement.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcome and engage visitors to the Oakland Museum of California
- Drive onsite awareness for the fall exhibition Nature's Gift: Humans, Friends, and the Unknown, by walking the OMCA campus and 10th street during Friday Nights to share information with visitors about the special exhibition and invite them to purchase tickets to enter the gallery
- Encourage overall engagement with museum offerings including Core Galleries, onsite programs, membership and event rentals
Customer Service Delivery
- Provide OMCA GOLD standard of customer service to all museum visitors by greeting and welcoming visitors, and offering helpful direction to a variety of museum offerings
- Sell admission tickets through appropriate channels
- Provide accurate information and answers in a timely manner about exhibitions, programs, and events to all visitors
- Respond to visitor inquiries and requests
- Enter visitor feedback and questions into Visitor Experience log
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A combination of experience and education that demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge and abilities for this position is required as noted:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required
- A.A. degree or additional training or formal education in relevant field preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant experience required: preferred experience in customer service, guest relations, or related field
- Customer service practices and principles
- Knowledge of basic math with demonstrated proficiency in handling money/cashiering
- Interest in California, Art, History, Natural Sciences, or museum-related subjects
- English, fluent in both spoken and written form
- A secondary language, such as Spanish or Chinese, is desired
- MS Office (Word, Excel)
- First Aid/CPR certified
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to the following:
- Noise, such as groups of people working in enclosed areas
- Typical office environment
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
The Oakland Museum of California is a multicultural organization, committed to diversity and practicing equal opportunity employment in recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for open positions.