The Adult Education Coordinator is responsible for developing and managing adult education offerings at the Nordic Museum, including, but not limited to, classes, workshops, conferences, docent training and public programs. This position provides oversight of the Museum’s tour program.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and manage all aspects of adult education programming, including workshops, classes, conferences, Folk School, and other educational programming as assigned.
- Manage all aspects of the Museum’s tour program, including developing interpretive material and docent training.
- Research, plan, develop, implement, and evaluate educational programming; manage budgets, resources, scheduling, communications, outreach, and timelines.
- Develop and manage partnerships with community groups to enhance educational programming.
- In collaboration with Curatorial staff, develop programs, activities, and resources to complement temporary and permanent exhibitions.
- Provide administrative and programmatic support to Program Manager as required.
- Respond to proposals and general inquiries concerning Museum programming.
- Liaise with development and operations staff to communicate needs in the areas of marketing, volunteer, fund development, and facilities support.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders (staff, volunteers, vendors, customers, etc.).
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with excellent administrative and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with high energy and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs and challenges, take initiative, ask questions, and provide solutions to achieve department and organization objectives.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Knowledge of Nordic culture and language.
- Adaptable to changing business situations and environments.
- Highly professional public presence and strong customer service orientation.
- BA + 3 years relevant experience in Museum education or related field
- Weekend and evening work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint. Advanced web research skills.
- Proficient in PC platform
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 35lbs
- Ability to be seated/standing for extended periods
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. All employees are expected to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To apply: Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements via email to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Application close date: Open until filled.