ArtWorks San Diego seeks a full-time Assistant Registrar and Administrative Assistant. This position is responsible for providing Registration and Administrative assistance to the Storage, Warehouse, Shipping, Operations, and Accounting departments and reports primarily to the Registrar. A Bachelors Degree in Art, Museum Studies would be preferable. This position is also a key point of customer contact by answering phone calls and occasionally assisting with projects outside of the office – a customer friendly personality is essential.
ArtWorks San Diego is a full-service fine art handling company - exclusively dedicated to the Storage, Installation, Shipping and Crating of fine art and antiques. The first company of its kind in San Diego and celebrating over 10 years in business, ArtWorks San Diego offers a full range of museum-quality art handling services: climate controlled security storage; installation, packing, crating, and world-wide shipping by air, land, or ocean with TSA certification.
We are a company of 15 employees and we all work together as a solid team – ready to assist each other with all our projects and do whatever is needed to complete our jobs in a professional manner. AWSD serves a wide range of clientele; such as museums, private collectors, various City of San Diego departments, galleries and corporations. Our client services include; a weekly shuttle from the San Diego area to Los Angeles and Palm Springs, coordinating local installations ranging from two-dimensional works to immense outdoor sculptures, constructing unique crates; packing and handling all stored works in our 20,000sqft warehouse. We would ask the Administrative Assistant to assist in all aspects of these projects.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to be well-organized and multitask, a strong attention to detail and accuracy, and proficiency in software such as Microsoft Access databases, Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint. An interest and understanding of the visual arts is greatly preferred. This is a full-time position beginning in early December. Compensation is based on experience.
Registrar Department Responsibilities
- Maintain Storage Microsoft Access Database of all Incoming and Outgoing items from the Warehouse
- Issue and Maintain Storage Documents: Contracts, Bill of Lading and Inventories
- Track and Maintain all Temporary Storage Items
- Update Warehouse Locations of individual items
- Assist with Monthly Storage Invoicing
- Monitor HOBO Data Loggers (Bi-Weekly)
- Assist Registrar with Projects
- Prepare, Maintain and File documents for Storage, Shipping and Accounting Departments
- Assist with Receiving / Releasing Shipments from our Warehouse
- Work on Special Projects as Assigned
- Coordinate Shuttle Mailers
- Screen and Direct Incoming Phone Calls
- Maintain and Order Office Supplies
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org