THE ORGANIZATION: The Frye Art Museum is a living legacy of visionary patronage and civic responsibility, committed to artistic inquiry and a rich visitor experience. A catalyst for our engagement with contemporary art and artists is the Founding Collection of Charles and Emma Frye, access to which shall always be free.
THE POSITION: Communications Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Head of Communications & Content Strategy
FLSA STATUS: Full Time Exempt
BENEFITS: Full benefits including medical, dental, vacation accrual, 403b, and more
SALARY RANGE: $42,000-$47,000 annually, depending on experience
Working closely with the Communications team, the Communications Coordinator will support department initiatives and provide project management to oversee timely completion of all deliverables. This position will also provide administrative support as needed to ensure smooth running of the department.
- Process, track, and archive Design Requests and manage department project calendar to help ensure timely completion of all department and cross-departmental projects.
- Manage external calendar listings of exhibitions, events, and selected programs.
- Compile copy for internal signage (including rotunda monitors, Window Calendar, Rack Card)
- Archive all press and printed exhibition and program collateral for department and provide copies of exhibition-related collateral to Collections for Museum Archive.
- Track and code department invoices, compile monthly credit card reports, maintain department vendor and pricing lists.
- Liaise with external vendors (printers, photographers, etc.) to request quotes, manage orders, and archive project records.
- In collaboration with Database Coordinator, maintain and update media/press contact and department event registration lists.
- Collaborate with team to maintain a well-organized digital library and file archive (includes images, videos, event photographs, etc.).
- Coordinate press kit materials related to exhibitions and programs.
- Assist with compiling and editing content for email marketing campaigns.
- Assist as needed with social media campaigns, including post scheduling and light image/video editing.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Project management experience and familiarity with project management tools and software (Basecamp, Later, and AirTable a plus)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Mailchimp, Altru, Drupal, and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite a plus, and the ability to learn new platforms quickly
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to prioritize, multitask, and coordinate complex schedules
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization and the public
- Experience in nonprofit or museum setting a plus
- Willingness to undergo criminal background check and employment reference check
- Committed to the Frye Art Museum’s history and future
- 2 or more years related work experience
Work areas are inside, in a climate-controlled environment with light background noise. Work is occasionally performed at other indoor and outdoor event sites. Shift times may vary to meet the Museum's requirement to staff the facilities at all hours. Work may require long periods of sustained standing during Museum events.
REMOTE WORKING CONDITIONS
Temporary telework arrangements may be in place during the COVID-19 pandemic, although staff are required to be on site each week and work with their manager or supervisor regarding scheduling. Some of the work may be performed off-site such as in the home or in a space near the home. Equipment may be owned and maintained by the employee or the Museum. Communications may be by email, mobile phone, internet video, electronic messaging, or other means as technology allows.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- SITTING/STANDING/WALKING: Approximately 90% of time is spent seated while working at a desk. Balance of time (approximately 10%) is spent standing or moving around the work area. Ability to stand for extended periods of time when assisting at Museum events.
- SPEAKING/HEARING: Clear diction and acute hearing are necessary for effective communication with vendors, the public, and co-workers.
- LIFTING/CARRYING/PUSHING/PULLING: The ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is necessary for moving material and equipment for events.
- VISION: Corrected vision close to 20/20 is necessary to effectively use the computer screens.
- STOOPING/KNEELING: The ability to stoop and kneel is necessary for accessing files.
- REACHING/HANDLING: Good manual dexterity is necessary for computer keyboard use and for retrieving and working with appropriate paperwork, equipment, and supplies.
This Job Summary is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of this role at the Frye Art Museum. Employees must maintain a high degree of flexibility in our rapidly changing environment and, as such, may be required to perform additional duties beyond the scope described here from time to time.
The Frye Art Museum mandates that all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and that masks must be worn on site.
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND ACCESS
We, at Frye Art Museum, believe that the arts are for everyone. We strive to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for colleagues and guests.
Frye Art Museum complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO APPLY
We recognize that a successful candidate will meet many of the requirements listed on this job description but may not meet all the qualifications. If much of this job description describes you, we encourage you to apply. As part of our commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences
Candidates should send cover letter and resume with "Communications Coordinator" in the subject line to email@example.com. Open until filled. No emails or phone calls, please.
The Frye is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. In the event that we wish to arrange a personal interview, we will contact you by email or phone.