Chabot Space & Science Center is a leader for innovative STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) learning. Serving as a home for science in Oakland since 1883, Chabot inspires and educates learners of all ages on the Universe and planet Earth. Chabot is currently embarking on a historic partnership with NASA’s Ames Research Center to create novel learning and career opportunities in our current space renaissance for our community. We are expanding our team of impassioned visionaries to join us in rethinking equitable STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) education for all.
This role makes an impact by aiding in Chabot’s fundraising efforts to support accessible STEM education for all. The intern will gain valuable hands-on experience event fundraising strategy, annual giving planning, research experience, and working cross departmentally on events and fundraising campaigns. This position includes work in communications, research, solicitation, stewardship, and event production.
- Support distribution of social media, mailing and other fundraising content
- Research and prepare collateral for distribution
- Support planning, development and production of Chabot’s annual Starlight Gala
- Researching and preparing solicitation letters.
- Research corporate and foundation donors for engagement.
- Working on Starlight Gala event planning, development, and production.
DISTRIBUTION OF COLLATERAL
- Support with mailings and all printed and electronic communications.
- Social media support to integrate with year-long campaign strategy.