The Digital Marketing Strategist oversees the planning, execution, and optimization of our digital marketing efforts, including digital ads, website, email marketing, and marketing partnerships. This position strategizes, plans, produces, and tracks the performance of digital marketing efforts to support the institution's revenue and social impact goals. This position works closely with the Associate Director of Digital Strategy to optimize digital marketing efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects OMCA's definition of essential functions for this position, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. OMCA may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Support the Museum's mission, values, vision, and core commitment to the visitor experience, community engagement, and institutional relevancy for the future.
- Contribute to and support the OMCA strategic plan, annual priorities, and institutional initiatives such as diversity advancement.
- Contribute to a positive organizational culture based on mutual respect, a spirit of collegiality, cooperation, and openness to many perspectives.
- Participate in a culture of ongoing learning, collaboration, innovation, creativity, and community engagement.
- All positions will have core functional responsibilities, cross functional team activation and learning and development as a core function of each role.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute a digital marketing strategy that is consistent and collaborative with the overall marketing and communications strategy for the museum.
- Lead OMCA's website and email marketing content creation with a strategic mindset.
- Oversee digital ad agency and digital marketing partnerships.
- Advise on social media strategy.
- Source digital marketing partnerships to generate leads and increase sales.
- Monitor KPIs and track performance against goals to evaluate the success of all digital efforts; provide regular performance reports.
- Optimize digital strategies to drive engagement, participation, and revenue.
- Research digital marketing trends and latest platforms and keep strategies up-to-date.
- Ensure digital content aligns with exhibition marketing & communications promotions and messaging, and museum campaigns.
- Responsible for the development and execution of the digital editorial calendar, in coordination with internal stakeholders.
- Create and maintain Digital Master Calendar with program, event, and exhibition content
- Photo management - crop and tag photos to organize Marketing approved photos for institutional wide use.
- Manage email@example.com email responses in partnership with communications.
- Support the Marketing and Communications team's efforts wherever needed.
- Produce engaging website content including landing pages, copy, images, video, and other assets, in support of exhibitions, events, and institutional marketing initiatives.
- Implement SEO/SEM best practices while upholding the editorial standards of the OMCA brand, as well as accessibility needs.
- Monitor, measure, and track website analytics using a variety of analytics tools (Google Analytics, HotJar, etc.).
- Work with external digital agency to plan, execute, and report performance of all digital marketing ad campaigns, and assess against overall Museum goals.
- Advise agency to optimize ad performance.
Email Marketing Strategy
- Make recommendations for and implement email marketing strategy including audience segmentation and email automations.
- Develop engaging content, optimize for open rates, growth, and sales.
- Organize, tag, and manage email database.
- Optimize email marketing performance for opens, clicks, and revenue.
- Ability to display and encourage visitor and internal customer service, take and share responsibility and treat others with respect.
- 3+ years experience in a digital marketing role.
- English language proficiency in both spoken and written form.
- A resourceful hands-on implementer who can execute independently.
- Extremely organized, data driven, and analytical with an eye for detail.
- Exceptional strengths in time management: setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Appreciation for the essence of a brand, and is skilled at extending it in all online and offline communications.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, with internal and external partners.
- High-level experience with paid media, email marketing, database management, and web-related analytical tools.
- Knowledge of Mailchimp email platform and Wordpress CMS.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify to drive growth and improvement.
- Experience with A/B testing.
- Experience setting up and executing website SEO.
- Knowledge of basic html a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment may include:
- Museum environment involves both indoor and outdoor working conditions.
- Ability to travel between OMCA locations, and other travel as required by position responsibilities.
- Engage with diverse visitor populations for extended periods of time in the galleries or throughout the campus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
The Oakland Museum of California is dedicated to diversity, inclusion, accessibility and equity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ability/disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We highly encourage our diverse community to apply for available employment, internship, fellowship and volunteer positions at the Museum, as we aim to ensure our staff reflects the diversity of our visitors and the surrounding community. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, OMCA will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.