The Digital Media Producer will be a critical member of the Getty Museum’s Interpretive Content team, playing a key role in the redesign, rebuild, reorganization, and maintenance of our educational web content with the aim to better serve our audiences of teachers and learners.
Working with key stakeholders in the Education department, the Digital Media Producer will play a key role in the evolution of getty.edu by spearheading the migration and modernization of our existing learning resources into up-to-date, educator- and student-friendly content. They will collaborate with educators and the digital team to develop appropriate formats and tools for this content, and directly update learning resources to suit real-world teacher and curriculum needs.
Additionally, the successful candidate will help develop the next generation of new arts educational content that is relevant to the pressing issues most affecting students today. This will include brainstorming new content, advocating for the needs of diverse audiences, developing innovative online content approaches, and directly moving those approaches from idea to publication. The Digital Media Producer should have strong writing and editing skills and be able to adapt the work of less experienced writers for a desired outcome.
The Digital Media Producer will be responsible for digital content assignments, owning and tracking on them from inception through to launch. They will also be responsible for uploading approved content using the Getty’s content management system, the sourcing of images, and working with other departments to ensure rights approvals on image use for the web. Throughout this project, they will report on progress and the achievement of project milestones.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual who is comfortable operating independently and also a consensus-builder who understands how to collaborate successfully in a team. They should have a solid understanding of online platforms and experience managing content for digital projects in an iterative, fast-paced environment.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Own and manage a set of discrete assignments and deliverables that ladder up to the larger Trust-wide website redesign project.
- Populate and manage a complex digital production calendar, using project management tools to successfully manage all stages of assignments.
- Collaborate with supervisor, team, and stakeholders to identify scope of tasks and deliverables associated with assignments.
- Ensure deadlines are met and communicate diplomatically with a broad range of staff to generate and deliver content.
- Edit, write, and revise content for new and existing web pages, iterating this process numerous times across wireframes and copydecks throughout the production lifecycle.
- Gather and manage content assets to ensure content elements meet technical requirements, and to check that rights are clear.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably related to digital media production
- 5+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience managing multi medium projects in a production environment using numerous distribution channels such as social media, web, blogs, wikis, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience planning and developing online education content, especially for K–12 students and teachers.
- Experience managing multiple digital projects in a fast-paced, iterative production environment using project management tools and software to develop schedules, sequence work, assign tasks, gather, organize, and assemble assets, and produce web content.
- A self-starter who can work independently and is equally adept in a highly collaborative, team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit compelling content for audience, brand, voice, and tone.
- Working knowledge of best practices in user-centered design, UX disciplines, and an audience-first approach is highly desirable.
- A background in arts and humanities and an understanding of a cultural research environment is preferred.
- Experience integrating institutional goals with content best practices in order to produce relevant, high-quality content.
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment and to prioritize, produce, and advance multiple digital content projects.
- Experience creating and managing editorial and digital production schedules, possibly using production software tools.
- Outstanding ability to multitask and meet competing and multiple deadlines; ability to quickly respond and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proven ability to take part in individual and team brainstorm sessions, capture feedback, and compile into useful conclusions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience gathering, organizing, and aggregating digital content assets such as draft text, images, video, audio, wireframes, and copydecks.
- Attention to detail needed to create and maintain asset libraries, folders, tags, and metadata across systems.
- Successfully maintain transparent and clear communication channels, tactfully communicate deadlines, manage competing priorities, and keep assignments on schedule.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with proven ability to diplomatically give and receive feedback.
- Strong interest in developing new skills and upgrading technical agility to expand possibilities of media production. Keeps current with trends and innovations in the media community.
Web Publishing and Editorial
- An understanding of UX content best practices to write useful and compelling calls to action, headlines, microcopy, and key phrases to invite user engagement.
- Experience working with branding guidelines and applying them to multimedia, text, and images.
- High comfort level iterating and rewriting in a fast-paced environment.
- Skill in selecting and adapting image and video assets for various content purposes and platforms.
- Ability to crop and position images with an eye for composition and detail.
- Knowledge of Chicago and AP style.
To apply please visit: https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/3660/job