Date Revised: May 2019
Position: Donor Relations Coordinator
Status: Full Time; Non-exempt
Reports to: Director of Individual Giving
A community of more than 30,000 donors, members, and volunteers generously supports Pacific Science Center’s mission. Their philanthropy ensures that Pacific Science Center continues to ignite curiosity in every child and fuel a passion for discovery, experimentation, and critical thinking in all of us. The Individual Giving team helps sustain and grow this community of investors. This creative and energetic group is motivated to increase the impact of PacSci’s programs and experiences by securing essential resources from generous individuals and families.
The Donor Relations Coordinator is critical resource for the Development Department and the PacSci donor family. They execute a robust series of communications to cultivate, solicit, and steward individual donors giving $500-1,499 per year while providing administrative support to the entire department in their work one-on-one with donors. On the front lines of donor services, this role requires excellent written and oral communication skills to support a wide range of requests from donors, board members, and senior staff leaders. They are a key participant in the Foundations of Science Breakfast, organizing many facets of our signature fundraising event.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- (25%) Execute communications to acquire, retain, and upgrade donors giving $500-1,499 per year. Support a disciplined, donor-centered Individual Giving program by preparing lists, mailings, and research for donors assigned to various Portfolio Relationship Managers. Ensure thorough moves management tracking and planning in Salesforce database through regular data uploads and audits.
- (25%) In partnership with the Events team and Donor Relations Officer, support event planning and logistics for 6-8 donor cultivation and stewardship events each year including 21+ Events, off-site cultivation opportunities, and donor exclusives. Lead key areas of the Foundation of Science Breakfast including registration and check-in as well as respond to wide range of timely needs to facilitate a well-run event.
- (20%) Provide excellent customer service by personally responding to donor inquiries, and supporting colleagues in their responses to donors, with ticket reservations, event reservations, receipts, membership cards, charitable donation requests, etc.
- (10%) Support administrative needs of the Development Division through calendar management and meeting coordination, particularly for Board Committee Meetings and small-scale Donor Cultivation Events. Engage volunteers in regular mailings, event preparation, and other administrative functions. Manage development team supplies.
- (5%) Provide back-up support to gift and acknowledgement processing when needed.
- (5%) Other duties as assigned, including participation in division-wide meetings and activities.
Position Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Common donor or other customer relationship database functions
- Familiarity with fast-paced customer centered departments
- Highly organized
- Mastery of fine detail, eye for efficiency and strong service orientation
- Proactive, assertive, resourceful, collaborative, adaptive work ethic
- Active listening skills, creative problem solver
- Adept at Microsoft Word (mail merge) and Excel
- Ability to work well with others including Science Center guest, donors and team members while embracing diversity and exceptional service to all
- Able to communicate well with others both verbally and through written communications; can write concisely and professionally
- Ability to be private and discreet as this role will entail regular exposure to confidential information
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 -4 years administrative support experience; experience with a development team preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel; prior experience with Salesforce or other donor databases