Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Specialist will support the strategy for. Museum communications, and oversee the development of collateral and online content to consistently articulate the National Nordic Museum’s message. The Marketing Specialist helps to plan and execute the Museum’s overall marketing efforts, including paid media and public relations initiatives. This position works closely with senior staff to develop and implement strategic initiatives, provide counsel, and evaluate effective outcomes.
Essential Job Functions
- Under the direction of the Director of Marketing help develop, implement, and evaluate the annual marketing and communications plan.
- Develop marketing and communications campaigns.
- Monitor deadlines that drive content generation and production across all media platforms.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and senior staff to identify, develop, and implement branding strategies to further increase name recognition of the Museum in local, regional, national, and international markets.
- Protect the integrity, continuity, value, and presence of the National Nordic Museum brand across all outward facing initiatives.
- Oversee the use of the style guide and processes to be followed with such guide.
- Manage expenses and track invoices in accordance with the annual marketing and advertising budget.
- Oversee the creation and delivery of press releases, publications, collateral, advertisements, and other marketing materials. Provide website support for all departments through content editing, proofing, and page creation. Experience with content management systems like Drupal or Wordpress a plus.
- Work with the Marketing Assistant to produce original copy and provide copy writing/editing/proofing support for various applications.
- Maintain strong working relations with press and media to advance the Museum’s earned media presence. Manage press stories, Museum interviews, and PR events. Manage inquiries and provide information and photographs to meet news and editorial requests.
- Manage all media contacts and maintain media contact database for general and targeted outreach.
- Photograph or film Museum events, support graphics production for a wide range of marketing initiatives, including digital content, print materials, social media, and others.
- Edit photographs and film footage from a variety of sources using Adobe Creative Suite or other third-party products.
- Provide design assistance including production work on virtual event PowerPoint slides and social media collateral, programs, and signage for onsite events.
- Analyze market trends and recommend changes to marketing strategies.
- Gather and analyze constituent information for the purpose of expanding the organization’s reach.
- Devise alternative and innovative online approaches to marketing; including web-based promotions, social media outreach and relational marketing.
- Maintain existing relationships with other organizations for cross-promotion and awareness and develop new innovative partnerships to augment outreach efforts.
- Partner with the Digital Strategy team and provide oversight to ensure brand consistency within the Museum’s web-based content.
- Assist Director of Marketing or Graphic Designer on special projects as needed.
- Excellent communication, effective listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong graphics and photography skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with high energy and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce quality work within tight time constraints.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions; interpret and present information effectively.
- Ability to anticipate challenges, take initiative and provide solutions to achieve department and organization objectives.
- Must be able to assess priorities quickly and accurately.
- Proactive in meeting updated deadlines.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal, writing and editing skills: English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Adaptable to changing business situations and environments.
- Enjoys being part of a team.
- 5+ years of related marketing/communications experience (experience within the cultural sector, specifically museums and heritage preferred)
- Proficient in PC and MAC platforms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, In Design, and content management systems is essential.
- Ability to lift 20lbs.
- Ability to be seated/standing for extended periods.
- Occasional weekend and evening work.
- Valid driver’s license.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. This is a full-time, salaried postion. 43k-47k DOE.