The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is hiring a part-time Content Coordinator. A successful candidate will have experience with creating and joining relevant conversations on behalf of the brand and selling the Park “product” directly and indirectly, and distributing content cross-platform. This includes creating, coordinating and scheduling social media posts, and supporting communications efforts overall.
The Content Coordinator will share responsibility for developing social media content for Balboa Park channels, in support of the 29 Cultural Partnership member organizations as well as Park-wide exhibitions, events, and activities. The successful candidate will assist the Director, Parkwide Communications with developing and executing strategies and tactics for improving visitation to the Park and raising the brand profile of Balboa Park among target audiences, and for supporting Cultural Partnership initiatives as needed.
The part-time Content Coordinator will report directly to the Director, Parkwide Communications. Duties include:
Strategy and Administration
- Helps develop and implement annual strategic communications plans in support of the Cultural Partnership members and varied departments.
- In conjunction with the Balboa Park Online Collaborative, co-builds and executes a social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Directly manages Balboa Park YouTube channel strategy and execution.
- Creates editorial calendars.
- Coordinates regularly occurring Marketing and Public Relations meetings for the benefit of our members.
- Works with partners such as the Balboa Park Online Collaborative and the San Diego Tourism Authority with the gathering and dissemination of content about our members and the Park as a whole.
- Acquires and evaluates metrics for efforts.
- Recommends strategies and tactics for achieving organizational goals.
- Co-manages social media platforms with the Balboa Park Online Collaborative: Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter.
- Maintains databases and information catalogs.
- Creatively writes and posts social media content about a variety of Balboa Park topics.
- Writes content for media pitches, annual reports, press releases, newsletters, etc. as needed.
- Develops photo and video assets and coordinates shoots as needed for use in social media and for other media outlets.
- Assists with the selection and sharing of visual assets and provides fact-checking of content for media outlets.
- Develops agenda and content for regular Marketing and Public Relations meetings.
- Creates regular reporting of analytics.
- Maintains a variety of contacts in order to respond to inquiries and requests and to effectively coordinate communications activities.
- Assists with executing, analyzing, and coordinating advertising efforts as needed.
- Assists with executing, analyzing, and coordinating market and visitor research.
- Assists with special events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years experience in brand social media, with knowledge of marketing and advertising strategies.
- Experience acquiring and analyzing analytics from social media and other digital environments.
- Exceptional copywriting skills, as well as long and short format story development.
- Fundamental knowledge of photography and videography – shooting as well as editing.
- Very strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Team player — works to ensure organizational goals are met or exceeded with strong leadership qualities.
- Creative and innovative with strong project management and organizational skills.
- As an ambassador for the “One Park – One Team” philosophy, a positive attitude is a must.
Additional experience in the following a plus:
- B.A. in marketing, business, or related field.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud programs, Google programs, and Microsoft programs.
- Experience with social media management tools/platforms.
- Understanding of how earned, owned, and paid media strategies work together.
- Operating general office equipment.
- Working effectively with others in a diverse environment.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
Position type: part-time, 20 hours a week, non-exempt. A typical shift is 8 hours, weekdays between 8:00am to 5:30pm, and weekends and evenings as needed. Hourly rate is $14-$17/hr depending on experience. Balboa Park Cultural Partnership employment includes discounts at select Balboa Park restaurants and shops, and free admission to member museums.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 writing samples, including social media posts (can be links if rich media), and brand or product promotional copy – all in .PDF format – via e-mail to email@example.com. Please put “Content Coordinator: [Insert your first initial and last name]” in the subject line. No phone calls please. This position is open until filled with interviews starting immediately.
The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership (BPCP) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2003 to facilitate collaboration among the many arts, science and cultural institutions located in San Diego’s historic Balboa Park. Our 29 member institutions vary in size and type and include 16 museums, the San Diego Zoo, several performing arts organizations, cultural centers and gardens. Although the Park’s cultural institutions are our primary audience, many of our programs are open to other relevant organizations and professionals.