Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is hiring a part-time (hourly) Membership Associate. A successful candidate will have experience with the membership marketing, sales cycle, enjoys analytics, and copywriting experience.
The part-time Membership Associate will assist with the renewal process for the Balboa Park Explorer Annual Pass, using strategic communication and marketing along with developing strategies for continuing renewals to achieve organizational sales goals.
The part-time Membership Associate will report directly to the Director, Events & Public Programs. Duties include:
Strategy & Administration
- Help develop renewal strategies for Annual Explorers aligning with sales goals.
- Identifying strategies to make successful email marketing campaigns, newsletters, & phone calls with current Annual Explorers.
- Researches the need for on-going renewal promotions regarding demographics, market segmentation data, etc.
- Developing and managing direct mail & email marketing campaigns.
- Recommending strategies and resources to increase renewal rates.
- Working collaboratively with graphic designers and other vendors to coordinate. production of all collateral materials such as postcards and newsletters.
- Achieve retention targets.
- Creating e-mail campaigns and newsletters using Mail2 including: weekly and monthly newsletters and a printed monthly version.
- Send out monthly renewal notices.
- Maintains membership database.
- Collaboratively develop and oversee contests and giveaways for social media and e-newsletters.
- Respond to canceled members to examine possible reasons for cancellation.
- Provides reports on membership statistics and trends.
- Execute, analyze and coordinate marketing research.
- Directly respond to member support needs by actively taking calls, emails, and chats.
- Seeks guidance and training from immediate supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
- 1+ year(s) experience in marketing, membership, or sales related field.
- Membership marketing experience.
- Strong verbal, analytical, and copywriting skills.
- Team player – works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded.
- Creative and innovative with strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds and sit or stand for long periods of time. Work will include some long hours, evenings and weekends as needed.
Additional experience in the following a plus:
- B.A. or A.A. in marketing, business, or related field.
- Experience with Tessitura Ticketing Software, venue passes, membership, and/or non-profit organization.
Position type: Part-time, 15-20 hours a week, non-exempt. Weekdays (office hours 9:00am to 5:00pm) and weekends as needed. Hourly rate is $13-$15 per hour based on experience. Balboa Park Cultural Partnership employment includes discounts at select Balboa Park restaurants and shops, and free admission to member museums.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and sample membership renewal letter – all in .PDF format – via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “BPCP Membership Associate: [Insert your first initial and last name]” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. This position is open until filled, interviews will begin the week of December 17.
The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership (BPCP) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2003 to facilitate collaboration among the many arts, science and cultural institutions located in San Diego’s historic Balboa Park. Our 29 member institutions vary in size and type and include 17 museums, the San Diego Zoo, several performing arts organizations, cultural centers and gardens. Although the Park’s cultural institutions are our primary audience, many of our programs are open to other relevant organizations and professionals.
Balboa Park Explorer, a department of BPCP, is responsible for the One-Day, Multi-Day and Annual Explorer products in Balboa Park. The Explorer department works directly with the 17 participating museums in addition to the general public. The Annual Explorer is going into its third year with continued success and growth.