Full time/Exempt /40 hours a week, Monday through Friday incorporating occasional evenings and weekends as needed. Some periodic travel required. The Museum is an EOE.
As the Preparator for the Nevada Museum of Art, they will provide art handling/installation, and other support for the Museum’s curatorial department. This position reports to the Senior Curator and Deputy Director.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Assist Chief Preparator and Exhibition Designer in administration of the department and implementation of installations.
- Assist artists, direct volunteers and work independently to unpack, install, de-install and pack artwork with direction from the Chief Preparator and Exhibition Designer, Registrar, and visiting couriers from other institutions.
- Maintain pedestal and other exhibition furniture inventory.
- Lead smaller fabrication projects; decks, pedestals, plinths, risers etc.
- Order and organize installation supplies.
- Perform daily gallery check and routine maintenance/cleaning of all exhibition spaces and art installations.
- Help manage and maintain clean-prep and crate storage areas, and work with Facilities Manager to maintain off-site storage unit(s).
- Install intermittent temporary loans.
- Perform exhibition lighting.
- Assist Registrar with art shipping/deliveries.
- Assist Curatorial Associate with label production and installation.
- Practices best museum policies and procedures.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- B.A. in Art or a related field and or 2+ years experience in professional art installation.
- Scissor lift experience and/or certification.
- Forklift experience and or certification.
- 1+ year/s of lighting experience.
- Carpentry skills and knowledge of power tools/safe use.
$35,000 - $40,000 Depending on qualifications.
To Apply Visit: Nevada Museum Of Art - Job Opportunities (paylocity.com)