Filoli is a 654-acre historic site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, located on the San Francisco Bay Peninsula near Woodside, CA, and one of the finest remaining country estates of the early 20th century. As a team member here, you will be able to connect rich history with a vibrant future through beauty, nature and shared stories. You have the opportunity to preserve, build upon and share the wonder of this place.
In our daily interaction with guests, we envision a time when all people honor nature, value unique experiences and appreciate beauty in everyday life. You will also actively play a part in creating a vibrant future through our 2019-2023 Strategic Plan. Embedding the core principles of Diversity & Inclusivity, Sustainability and Organizational Excellence into each pillar of the plan, we are focusing on five main pillars of our organization: People & Culture, Fundraising & Financial Strength, Infrastructure Investments, Visibility & Branding and Engagement & Education. We welcome and appreciate your contributions to Filoli.
The Programs Coordinator will primarily focus on overseeing youth programs and the internship program, and providing support for planned experiences for visitors. In line with the Strategic Plan and Interpretive Plan, this position supports the goal of engaging the public as well as providing high-quality visitor experiences. With these programs, the Coordinator should strive to stimulate public interest, encourage participation, promote repeat visitation, and welcome diverse audiences.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position (30-40 hours per week,flexibly scheduled) with weekly evenings and/or weekends. This schedule may change to meet the needs of the organization so flexibility is important. Depending on candidate experience, the hourly pay range is $33.00 to $38.00. This position is also eligible for employee benefits: medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, Flex Plan, 401(k), vacation, sick leave and holiday pay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Coordinate Filoli’s preschool and teen programs, including new partner recruitment, leading program days, training Filoli staff to lead programs, maintaining curriculum documents, and coordinating all related administrative tasks;
- Coordinate Filoli’s Internship program and collaborate with Human Resources to align program with Filoli’s strategic goals and build a cohesive program across many departments;
- Coordinate the Service Learning program, Filoli’s public program designed to engage a broad audience while simultaneously completing service projects;
- Lead for select public programs that are added value, add-on tickets, and/or include learning programming;
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with program partners;
- Conceptualize and carry out public programming elements such as demonstrations, lectures, and other activities, with an emphasis on programs that connect to Filoli’s interpretive narratives;
- Attend Operations Meetings when programming information is pertinent;
- Write program copy for Filoli website and Filoli publications as needed;
- Use Altru database to capture program details and post on website;
- Work with Filoli’s Marketing team to prepare signage and printed and digital programs for public programs;
- Build relationships with vendors and monitor vendor activity for any vendors contracted for work in programs;
- Draft vendor contracts and maintain liability and insurance forms.
Interpretation and Learning Programs
- Provide additional support during other department programs and events.
- Assist in program delivery, coordination, or execution.
- Provide support for frontline departments, such as Visitor Services, Events, and Retail;
- Ability to provide the highest quality service to all customers in every interaction;
- Uphold all Filoli's policies, procedures, guidelines and standards;
- Maintain flexibility and perform other duties as assigned to respond to the needs of the organization;
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to work and all work-related functions;
- Support other departments as needed.
This position may supervise interns or other temporary employees.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above and any additional responsibilities as directed as well as satisfy the educational and skill requirements listed below:
Education and/or Experience
Education: High school diploma or equivalent GED
- PUBLIC PROGRAM EXPERIENCE – Minimum of one (1) year experience as teacher or teacher’s aide for preschool children. Two (2) years of experience in an office setting including project/program management experience and/or meeting/event planning experience.
- PEOPLE AND PROJECT SKILLS – Effective team leadership skills and cross-functional collaborative capacity. Ability to either take direction or work independently as the situation requires. Strong administrative skills. Ability to multitask, see many sides to complex issues, and perform at high standards with a collegial team.
- LEADERSHIP – Flexible, energetic, and outcomes-oriented self-starter who brings a creative approach to solving problems. Capacity to interact effectively and build partnerships with Filoli’s many constituencies including staff, Board members, community partners and supporters, donors, members, visitors, and volunteers.
- CULTURAL COMPETENCIES – Model a responsibility to self-awareness and awareness of others to recognize that individuals bring unique backgrounds, beliefs, values, and world-views. View racial and cultural differences as assets to the organization.
- DIVERSITY, EQUITY, ACCESSIBILITY, AND INCLUSION – Committed to Filoli’s dedication to integrate accountability across all efforts to support and sustain a racially equitable organization. Demonstrate a passion of advancing organizational DEAI objectives and influencing others to approach all work with an equity lens. Promote processes and communication that encourage organizational cultural competence and inclusion.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS – Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. Communicate (listening and speaking) effectively with vendors and staff on the phone and in person, as well as respond to emergency broadcasts.
- DECISIVE NATURE – Well-honed ability to independently anticipate and analyze situations, define problems and objectives, recognize viable alternatives and formulate rapid solutions with understanding of the inherent risks and the implications of decisions.
- COMPUTER SKILLS – High proficiency in a PC, Windows environment, Microsoft Office products, Google Applications and familiarity with Adobe Professional products: Adobe Acrobat Professional, InDesign, Photoshop. Above-average proficiency with Altru database - queries, entry, reporting (standard and customized). Experience with WordPress or similar website content management system.
- AVAILABILITY – Maintain a flexible work schedule that includes evenings and weekends to meet the demands of executive management.
Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual Spanish language skills strongly preferred;
- Ability to interact with children and teens in an energetic and engaging way and to adapt activities to meet the interests and learning styles of each age group;
- Ability to plan and organize a variety of creative public programming events with minimal supervision;
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate strong time-management, organization, details, accuracy and follow-through skills;
- Successfully and efficiently set-up, take down, move and reorganize rooms, equipment, and supplies to multiple locations throughout the property. This can include lifting and carrying items up to 30 pounds.
- Work independently, while maintaining a positive team player attitude;
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid Driver’s License is required.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job including:
- Lift/carry items up to 30 pounds;
- Stand, walk across uneven terrain, climb stairs, reach, lift, carry and bend repeatedly and often to set up multiple classrooms (tables, chairs, AV screens, supplies, etc.) as well as sit for long periods of time at a computer.
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates with the above prerequisites are invited to submit their resumes along with a cover letter outlining their related experience and background to: https://filoli.applicantstack.com/x/openings
- Possession of minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview.
- Please, no phone calls.
- Thank you for your interest in Filoli!
Please visit our website for more information: www.filoli.org
Filoli is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workplace.