Project and Business Support Specialist
Full Time Exempt
About The Tech
The Tech Interactive is a family-friendly science and technology center in the heart of downtown San Jose. Our hands-on activities, experimental labs and design challenge experiences empower people to innovate with creativity, curiosity and compassion. The Tech is a world leader in the creation of immersive STEAM education resources to develop the next generation of problem-solvers locally, nationally and globally. We believe that everyone is born an innovator who can change the world for the better.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including but not limited to those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or nonconforming, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Project and Business Support Specialist will report to the President and CEO and ensure that The Tech’s executive leadership initiatives are supported with best practices in business processes and project administration. A focus of this role will be to shape, maintain and continuously improve key operational processes and tools for the executive team in order to create a foundation for making thoughtful business decisions, efficient project management and fruitful and effective collaboration.
- Provide support for the President and CEO and leadership team by developing and coordinating project management systems and processes for internal and external teams.
- Work closely with the executive team, staff and external partners monitoring project timelines and deliverables, identifying bottlenecks and working creatively with team members to implement solutions.
- Proactively communicate with other departments and individuals, including ensuring their inclusion at the appropriate points of project development; working with them to renegotiate dates and deadlines if project timelines shift; and making sure they have accurate information.
- Develop, maintain and organize project and business process documents including spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps. Create and maintain comprehensive documentation.
- Ensure the right tools and systems are in place so that all team members can focus on contributing their best work. Attend leadership and other assigned meetings. Document and summarize discussions and develop tools and processes to maximize value and efficiency.
- Prepare briefings regarding projects and initiatives for the President and CEO to share with The Tech’s leadership team and other internal staff and external partners.
- Conduct and analyze research and prepare summaries on assigned topics.
- Manage and coordinate the internal roll out of new business systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Project management experience. 3+ years preferred.
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience working with multiple tools including Google Suite and project management platforms. Able to learn new systems with the ability to teach this knowledge to others.
- Strongly collaborative with the ability to build consensus across diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Can-do attitude with the ability to thrive in a flexible environment that will experiment and pilot new ideas. Enjoys challenges and creating solutions.
- Ability to work independently and to take the lead on a project and run with it from start to completion.
The Tech will provide an equal opportunity in recruitment and employment to all individuals and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
To Apply, please visit: https://thetech.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/e4fb3856-4596-c81f-cb7d-e2...