POSITION: Senior Manager - Marketing, Communications, and Events
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SUPERVISES: Manager of Creative Services
Location: Portland, OR
Salary: 55,000-60,000 DOE
Benefits: Pittock Mansion Society offers an excellent benefit package including 100% employer paid employee medical, vision and dental insurance, PTO, retirement plan with company match up to 3%, and an Employee Assistance Program.
To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Senior Manager, Marketing, Communications and Events” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only completed applications with all the requested materials will be considered.
Qualified candidate must complete background check prior to hiring
Application Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
ABOUT PITTOCK MANSION:
Pittock Mansion is a 1914 historic house museum, owned by the City of Portland Parks and Recreation and operated by the Pittock Mansion Society. The premises include the Mansion, the Gate Lodge, and the Garage with beautiful gardens adjacent to the Pittock Vista Point. The mission of the organization is to inspire understanding and stewardship of Portland history through Pittock Mansion, its collections, and programs. Having grown to well over 100,000 annual visitors in recent years, Pittock Mansion is one of the top tourist destinations in Portland. The organization is at an exciting juncture of growth, reimagination and evolution.
The Senior Manager – Marketing, Communications, and Events is a full-time, exempt position primarily responsible for all marketing, communication, and special event-related needs of the Pittock Mansion Society. This is a newly created position that will directly report to the CEO and will help develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy and action plan that will help position the organization in a dynamic light. The position will also help develop and manage a new series of special events at the Mansion. The Senior Manager of Marketing, Communications and Events will work collaboratively with various departmental staff of the organization to support their marketing and communication needs. The position supervises the Manager of Creative Services who is responsible for designing and producing all the graphic marketing and communication materials as well as exhibit panels, collaterals, and signage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work effectively and collaboratively with the CEO, senior staff, and the Manager of Creative Services to oversee and manage the production of all communication materials, including but not limited to, member and donor communications, CEO communications, press releases, advertisements, manuals, noninterpretive signs, visitor materials, invitations to key events, all marketing collaterals, and annual reports.
- Proactively leverage social media platforms and other digital marketing tools to increase Pittock Mansion’s presence on social media channels. Own and manage the social media calendar for timeliness of events happening in the organization. Regularly monitor and respond to posts across all social media accounts.
- Develop a new business model for annual offering of ticketed special events. Upon approval of the CEO, launch, market and manage all the logistics of special event execution.
- Develop, own, and manage the overall marketing budget including media buys.
- Forge new media connections including developing comprehensive media lists, serving as first point of contact on all media inquiries, maintaining relationships with reporters, editors, and publishers; writing press releases; preparing information packets; coordinating media events; and actively promoting coverage. Keeping the CEO closely informed and involved in all media-related matters.
- Support the CEO in rebranding the institutional newsletter, including coordinating content creation and production across departments, and ensuring timely release of the newsletter.
- Working under the direction of the CEO and in close collaboration with the Manager of Creative Services, oversee website content to ensure the organization’s online presence is accurate, up-to-date, and mission fitting. Work to efficiently lead the phased upgrade of the Pittock Mansion website ensuring it is user-friendly, informative, dynamic.
- Conduct regular compilation and analysis of all marketing data, including tracking web and social media analytics and share with the CEO for decision-making.
- Gather stories and data points related to the museum’s ongoing impact to be shared across platforms and in grant reports and donor communications.
- Provide copywriting and editing etc. for presentations and all outgoing communications.
- Working closely with the CEO and senior staff to manage the production of promotional video content as well as packaging of programmatic video content for digital use.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the CEO
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Communications or Business Management with a Marketing focus. Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum five years of direct experience in a Marketing and Communications role for a non-profit or cultural organization. Museum experience preferred.
- Experience and success with developing and managing creative ticketed special events that balances organizational mission with sustainable earned revenue strategies. Demonstrated entrepreneurial success a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Editing experience highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience with software including standard workplace technology plus WordPress, InDesign, PhotoShop, etc.
- The ability to stay abreast of new industry developments, trends, and best practices.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to engage authentically, effectively, and professionally with different audiences including community members, staff, board members, partners, and funders.
- Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task and switch priorities in an articulate manner.
- Ability to listen and synthesize ideas from various stakeholders.
- Ability to consistently produce high-quality deliverables in a timely manner.
- Ability to work well with directions as well as autonomously and collaboratively.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Possess multi-cultural appreciation and respect for diversity, equity, access and inclusion and demonstrate an ability to work with a diverse group of co-workers and constituents.
- Other duties as needed.
Physical Activities/ Other Conditions
- Ability to work in shared / open space office environment
- Workstations may not be in a climate-controlled environment
- Wearing of personal protective equipment (e.g., face covering, gloves) may be required
- Light to medium work that includes moving objects up to 30 pounds
Pittock Mansion Society is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination practices.
At Pittock Mansion Society we take the health and welfare of all our staff very seriously. For this reason, Pittock Mansion Society’s policy requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment. You will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability, serious medical condition, or your sincerely held religious beliefs.