Senior Membership Manager
Division/Department: Sales & Marketing/Membership
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Location: Pacific Science Center
Status: Full-time, Regular, Exempt
Job Summary: The Senior Membership Manager is responsible for developing and executing the strategy and overseeing operations of Pacific Science Center’s membership programs. This position manages a team of 6+ part-time and full-time staff and is a key member of Pacific Science Center’s senior leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the strategy to grow Pacific Science Center’s membership program through increased enrollment and revenue.
- Design, implement and consistently improve membership programs with distinctive benefits across levels and price points.
- Manage the entire membership lifecycle, including implementing acquisition, retention, and renewal strategies and campaigns.
- Oversee all member messaging and communications across channels, including on-site, print, and online.
- Analyze membership campaigns and promotion performance data, adjust strategy and tactics based on rigorous analysis to optimize reach and revenue.
- Create a robust set of membership Key Performance Indicators and regularly report on program performance. Continually test, learn, and refine.
- Develop new membership products and programs as needed.
- Oversee pricing strategy to optimize member revenue across products.
- Build strong partnerships with other Seattle organizations to develop and execute on co-marketing opportunities.
- Develop and manage the membership budget.
- Act as an escalation point for member complaints and respond to member feedback.
- Grow community Access membership programs, including partnering with community organizations to raise program awareness.
- Hire, coach, and lead a dynamic team of 6+ to deliver excellent member service.
- Additional duties as assigned by your manager to meet organization objectives.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- 6-8 years leadership experience in customer loyalty or membership program management.
- Track record of success designing and executing membership programs to grow revenue and customer engagement.
- Guest service background preferred.
- Analytic mindset with strong background in data-driven decision-making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Ability to build strong relationships and work cross-functionally.
- Strong team leader with deep experience leading and inspiring teams.
- Proficiency in customer relationship management software, point of sale systems, and email marketing tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- Occasional availability on evenings and weekends.