The J. Paul Getty Museum seeks to inspire curiosity about, and enjoyment and understanding of, the visual arts by collecting, conserving, exhibiting, and interpreting works of art of outstanding quality and historical importance and is one of four programs of the J. Paul Getty Trust. The Museum operates two facilities, the Getty Villa in Malibu, which exhibits its collection of Greek and Roman antiquities, and the Getty Center in Brentwood, which displays its collections of European art: Medieval and Renaissance illuminated manuscripts, paintings, sculpture, decorative arts, drawings to 1900, and photography to the present day (including non-European works). The Museum mounts approximately 25 temporary exhibitions a year across its two sites; maintains an annual permanent gallery improvement program and offers wide-ranging and ambitious programming for its visitors.
The J. Paul Getty Museum's curatorial department of Paintings seeks a highly organized, responsible and flexible individual to provide administrative support as a Senior Staff Assistant to a dynamic team of four curators. The successful candidate will be proficient with Microsoft Office applications and data systems, have strong administrative, communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, exercise discretion in dealing with information about the collection, and be meticulous in their approach to daily business tasks.
Duties require largely independent execution, including: coordinating meetings, events, and domestic and international travel; composing and tracking a wide range of documents, including foreign language correspondence, and preparing reports; drafting, processing and monitoring contracts and payments for outside consultants. Undertakes editorial, research, and administrative projects and conducts data analysis. Regularly performs a variety of routine accounting, budget tracking and forecasting, expense reporting, data entry, filing, desktop computer support, mailing, and other clerical tasks. Anticipates departmental administrative needs and develops efficiencies to maximize workflow productivity. Handles complex written and phone inquiries and interacts with all levels of internal personnel and external colleagues and guests.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Performs administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and planning events. Manages the calendar of the Department Head. Assist the entire Department in the organization of travels.
- Arranges with external vendors for services, prepares agendas, gathers and organizes supporting information, and oversees production and distribution of related materials.
- Prepares budget materials. Tracks and monitors budget expenditures and reports on variances and forecasts year-end expenditures.
- Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports and related materials.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information requiring knowledge of department/program activities, policies and procedures.
- Serves as internal resource to department/program staff on Getty policies and procedures. Stays up to date on organizational policies and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining office equipment and purchases operating supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Researches and gathers data for department/program reports. Conducts preliminary evaluation of data and recommends report content and format to display findings most effectively.
- Administers contracts. Interacts with Procurement and Finance Departments to provide information and resolve issues.
- Oversees day-to-day office operations. Implements changes or enhancements to procedures to improve productivity and efficiency.
Senior Staff Assistant in Los Angeles, California | Careers at The Getty (icims.com)
- High school diploma/GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3-4 years related experience
Salary information :
- $22.80 - $27.93 Hourly