ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
It is a wonderful time to be a part of our Thanksgiving Point team! As a local Non-Profit, our mission is to bring to life the joy of learning, curiosity, and the wonders of the natural world through world-class experiences that engage, delight, and inspire. Our vision is to engage families and individuals of all ages and abilities. We accomplish this through a variety of offerings and world-class places to explore and visit. Team Members enjoy free venue admissions for themselves and their families, a 401K match incentive, work/life balance and wellness benefits, growth opportunities, Sundays always off, and so much more! We are a one-of-a-kind place, and we want Team Members who are too. Come on board and feel the tremendous reward of improving the lives of all those who enter our doors!
Senior Exhibit Fabricator
Wage: $22.00 - $26.00 per hour DOE
Shift: Daytime, Full time with benefits (medical, dental, vision, discounts, Employee Assistance Program, and option for 401K and/or HSA with employer matched contributions)
Summary: Do you enjoy creating fun and cool things, like oversized games and backdrops? Do you have general labor experience and want to work with AC indoors? Do you want to enrich lives, champion curiosity, be a part of a collaborative team, and grow professionally? If so, we would love you on our team!
- Thoughtfully promote a love of inquiry and discovery by creating safe, inclusive, and fun opportunities for transformative experiences through high quality, intentional craftsmanship and intelligent, human centered, universal design.
- Produce immersive hands-on activities for public engagement in a museum or informal learning environment.
- Manage, support and lead fabrication shop, team members, projects, budgets, processes and best practices
- Adhere to all schedules, timelines and due dates while following safety protocols.
- Estimate project needs and request supplies and materials as needed.
- Maintains exhibit equipment and spaces in safe operating conditions.
- Work with and encourage other team members to evaluate, design, and re-imagine existing exhibit content as needed
- Upholds Thanksgiving Point’s Mission, Values and Policies
- Other duties as assigned by Exhibit Production Manager
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience with design, fabrication, shop machines, safety protocols, with great mechanical, electrical, and engineering aptitude.
- At least a year of managerial experience
- Good time management skills including the ability to work unsupervised
- Outstanding leadership skills including great communication, reliable, trustworthy, encouraging and inclusive
- Basic computer skills
- Physical mobility including lifting up to 40lbs, bending, standing, pushing and manipulate small objects, machinery and tools
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work hard
- Pass a background check
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.