To apply, please see the Utah State Jobs website http://statejobs.utah.gov/jobseeker/ and look up recuritment number # 18949. This opening will close on April 10th.
The Utah Division of Arts & Museums is seeking a Registrar for the Alice Merrill Horne Art collection which includes fine, folk & public art. The registrar is an integral part of the visual arts team, with the primary duty to use current technology to coordinate, record and track the collection.
As the State Art Collection Curator & Registrar you will typically:
- Process all acquisitions and deaccessions, including condition reporting, cataloging, legal and other necessary documentation.
- Maintain collections digital asset system.
- Oversee the outgoing and incoming loan program.
- Assist with the Traveling Exhibition program.
- Maintain the art collections facility (Art Haus).
- Coordinate photography of the art collection.
- Assist with conservation prioritization.
- Oversee art collection insurance program and related records.
- Assist Public Art, Visual Arts, Folk Arts, Collections and Traveling Exhibits managers as needed.
- Participate with division-wide and department-wide projects.
- Coordinate volunteers, interns, students, seasonal staff or clients.
The ideal person for this position will possess:
- An understanding of museum registration methods.
- Skills or an understanding in general art collections management.
- Experience with collections digital asset system.
- Experience with condition reporting terminology.
- An understanding of basic conservation and museum collections care practices.
- Strong organizational skills.
- An attention to detail.
- The ability to work in a flexible environment.
Preference may be give to those with a M.A. in arts, museum studies and/or humanities-based field.
Why You Should Join Our Team
Utah Arts & Museums seeks to advance the quality of life for all through arts and museum experiences and cultural opportunities. We offer a rich benefits package with 11 paid holidays per year. Annual leave starting at 4 hours per pay period and increasing over time. In addition, 4 hours of sick leave per pay period as well as medical, dental, vision, life insurance Eco-pass for UTA allowing free travel on Bus, Trax, and FrontRunner along with many other employee incentives and bonuses. Please click HERE to be taken to a page where you may explore all of those possibilities, including a benefits calculator where you can see an actual dollar comparison.
To learn more about the Utah Division of Arts & Museums please click here.