TEMPORARY SECURITY OFFICER
The Frye Art Museum is a living legacy of visionary patronage and civic responsibility, committed to artistic inquiry and a rich visitor experience. A catalyst for our engagement with contemporary art and artists is the Founding Collection of Charles and Emma Frye, access to which shall always be free.
THE POSITION: Temporary Security Officer
DEPARTMENT: Security Services
REPORTS TO: Manager, Security Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
STATUS: Temporary/Full-Time: 32.5 hours per week
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: May 22, 2021 until on or about August 15, 2021
BENEFITS: Employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, (eligible 1st day of month after hire) paid sick and safe time
- Monitors the Museum exhibition galleries to maintain the safety of patrons, staff, and artwork.
- Patrols the Museum collections, equipment, building and grounds to prevent and protect against theft, vandalism, hazards, or threats.
- Rotates as Concierge at the Information Desk.
- Reports changes or physical interactions to artwork, ensuring that logs are properly maintained.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency situations by assisting patrons and staff and contributes to coordination of a quick and effective solution.
- Oversees loading dock activity, delivery and shipments, including art shipments.
- Provide security and supervision during museum after-hour events as needed while collaborating with the Events, Exhibitions, and Facilities Departments.
- Enforces all Museum policies.
- Participates in training.
- Other duties as assigned.
There may be an opportunity to convert to a permanent employee status upon completion of the temporary term of employment.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must sufficiently pass a background check.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally in oral and written form.
- Able to respectfully engage with the public and staff while enforcing Museum policies.
- Must be attentive and professional in appearance and in all interactions.
- Ability to multitask, operate as part of a team, and calmly respond to stressful situations.
- Adaptable to a flexible weekly work schedule, including weekends and evenings.
Work areas are inside, in a climate-controlled environment within an open office and background noise. Work is occasionally performed at other indoor and outdoor sites. Access to the roof and basement is required. Shift times may vary to meet the Museum's requirement to staff the facilities at all hours.
The incumbent will be expected to diligently and consistently comply with all health and safety protocols related to the pandemic.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED
- The majority of the time will be spent standing while posted in the museum galleries. Ability to stand for a prolonged period of time is required.
- Speaking/Hearing: Clear diction and acute hearing are necessary for effective communication with vendors, donors, members, the public, and co-workers.
- Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling: The ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is necessary for occasional moving of material and equipment.
- Vision: Corrected vision close to 20/20 is necessary to effectively use the computer screens.
- Stooping/Kneeling: The ability to stoop and kneel is necessary for accessing files.
- Reaching/Handling: Good manual dexterity is necessary for computer keyboard use and for retrieving and working with appropriate paperwork, equipment, and supplies.
The Frye Art Museum will consider reasonable accommodations for those applicants with disabilities who may need reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions/duties.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email resume and cover letter with “Security Officer” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Frye is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.