Please do not contact the Museum directly, all applications must be submitted through the University of Utah: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/121847
This is a full time, benefited position with an annual salary of $35,000-$38,000 (DOE).
Ready to start your career in arts marketing? The Utah Museum of Fine Arts (UMFA) at the University of Utah is looking for a highly motivated, well-organized individual to help us engage new audiences through communications that welcome and inspire people across our diverse communities. This is an entry-level position that supports the director of marketing & communications while working closely with colleagues across Museum departments in an energetic, creative, and supportive environment.
The successful candidate is good with both words and people; is proactive, positive, and takes initiative; can manage details and deadlines with care and diplomacy; and has a demonstrated commitment to engaging with people of all abilities, ages, resources, and backgrounds.
The UMFA is committed to being a place where our communities find themselves represented, welcomed, engaged, and heard. Our strategic plan prioritizes this institutional commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA) across museum operations. We encourage applications from people who self-identify as members of underrepresented groups.
Please include a cover letter with your application that tells us how your experiences and skills will help you contribute to this goal. No other materials are requested at this time.
1. Coordinate promotion of Museum activities and events by working collaboratively with colleagues across departments to assemble information and images, edit and write copy, prepare requests for the graphic design team, and distribute information to campus and community.
2. Develop and communicate project timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
3. Create and distribute e-newsletters using the Emma email marketing platform and track analytics.
4. Work collaboratively with the Museum’s development and graphic design teams to co-edit UMFA’s quarterly print newsletter.
5. Work collaboratively with digital media coordinator to help develop content for the UMFA website and social media platforms.
6. Manage distribution of print promotional materials on campus and in the community and upload events to community calendars.
7. Assist with media relations by maintaining press contact list, distributing monthly e-newsletter to local media, and tracking press mentions.
8. Coordinate the UMFA’s presence at campus and community public events.
9. Attend cross-departmental meetings as assigned.
10. Support marketing and communications team with other duties as needed.
Exceptional writing and communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize tasks to meet varying and often competing deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; experience with or willingness to learn EMMA e-mail marketing software and/or Photoshop.
· Previous experience in marketing, public relations, and/or communications or experience in an arts-related setting.
· Experience working with diverse communities.
· Proficiency in spoken and written Spanish.