Part-Time/ 25+ hours per week. Thursday-Sundays. The Museum is an EOE.
As a Visitor Services Officer (VSO) for the Nevada Museum of Art, this position will provide a welcoming and friendly experience to all guests and will ensure that the Museum’s policy and procedures are practiced. This position reports to the Visitor Services Manager.
Tasks and Requirements
- Greet guests and provide initial orientation to the Museum galleries.
- Connect with a variety of guests with diverse interests in a manner that enhances their general understanding of art and the Museum by providing information and maintaining a courteous and helpful attitude.
- Resolve guest concerns and complaints as a service advocate for the guests and the Museum.
- Exhibit working knowledge of the artwork featured in the Museum’s galleries, the Museum’s mission, facilities and programming.
- Practice Museum policies and procedures to ensure the safety of guests and artwork.
- Respond to emergencies and initiate emergency procedures.
- Maintain Museum security by paying attention to entry points, unauthorized touching, handling, or tampering with artwork, and unusual or suspicious activities. Report any incidents directly to the manager on duty.
- Be available for membership, shop, admission, and ticket sales.
- Practices and adhere to cash control and POS guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
Customer service experience preferred. Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to provide the highest level of customer service. Ability to stand for extended periods of time is required. Ability to work a variety of customer service positions including POS and data entry is required. Preferred software experience includes Word, Outlook, Excel, database (operation and data entry) and varied POS systems.