Position: Visitor Services Supervisory Specialist
Reports to: Visitor Services Manager
Type: Full-time / non-exempt
Schedule: Five days per week, including at least one weekend day. 7-hour shift (9:30am- 4:30pm) September through May and 8-hour shift (9:30am-5:30pm) June through August. Weekly schedule may shift based on organizational need.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Visitor Services Supervisory Specialist” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only completed applications with all the requested materials will be considered.
Application Deadline: November 25, 2022
Pittock Mansion Society offers an excellent benefit package including medical and dental insurance, PTO, retirement plan with company match up to 3%, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Qualified candidate must complete background check prior to hiring Core Visitor Services Responsibilities:
- Greet and interact with visitors, volunteers, and delivery people
- Answer phones, respond to callers’ requests and refer calls
- Sell admission, membership, and store items
- Follow established cash-handling practices
- Process reservations for tours
- Perform all opening and closing duties as assigned, including securing all buildings and deactivating and activating alarms
- Maintain the visual integrity and security of the museum and store throughout the day
- Light cleaning and maintenance of both Museum and public areas
- Enforce Mansion policies and respond to visitors’ needs
- Sanitize workstations and high-touch areas regularly throughout shift and at the end of the day
- Direct one-way visitor flow through Mansion
- Reinforce visitor compliance with COVID mitigation procedures (wearing masks, practicing physical distancing)
- Follow de-escalation best practices.
- Carry out other duties as assigned
Additional Supervisory Specialist’s Responsibilities:
- Complete cash handling procedures at the beginning and end of the day.
- Prepare and distribute cash bags each morning
- Reconcile cash bags and run reports at end of day
- Count cash reserves daily and prepare cash orders as needed
- Serve as Visitor Services point person occasionally when needed. This may include:
- Receive VSR callouts and rearrange daily schedule to accommodate
- Check in with VSR staff at the beginning and end of the day.
- Provide frontline support to VSRs throughout the day.
- Make decisions to keep day-to-day logistics running smoothly.
- Contact executive manager on duty for assistance with bigger decisions and problems on weekends.
- Complete delegated frontline administrative and operational duties
- Assist Visitor Services Manager with training and keeping team informed and up to speed on any organizational and processing changes
- Serve as a resource for all VSR procedures and as a positive and productive mentor to part-time and full-time VSRs.
- Assist with selection process of new Visitor Services staff, including interviews
- Work with Visitor Services Manager to inform department procedures and policies.
- Align with and support messages and policies put forth by management.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to make high quality and timely decisions
- Exercises good judgment
- Ability to take ownership and follow-through of projects/tasks
- High level of customer service
- Ability to interact with public, staff and volunteers as a team member
- Professional manner and appearance
- Flexibility and resilience to change
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Cash handling experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Record of dependability, timeliness, and good attendance
- Ability to work weekends and occasional evenings and potentially pick up extra shifts as needed
- Familiarity and understanding of Point of Sale systems and Microsoft Office programs, especially Outlook and Excel
- Strong retail sales skills a plus
Physical Activities / Environmental Conditions
- Light to medium work that includes moving objects up to 30 pounds
- Position may require remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods
- Position may require repeating motions that may include arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Workstations may not be in a climate-controlled environment
- Wearing of personal protective equipment (e.g. face covering, gloves) may be required
Pittock Mansion Society is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination practices.
At Pittock Mansion Society we take the health and welfare of all our staff very seriously. For this reason, Pittock Mansion Society’s policy requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment. You will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability, serious medical condition, or your sincerely held religious beliefs.