The Mission of MIM: The Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) enriches our world by collecting, preserving, and making accessible an astonishing variety of musical instruments and performance videos from every country in the world. MIM offers guests a welcoming and fun experience, incomparable interactive technology, dynamic programming, and exceptional musical performances. MIM fosters appreciation of the world’s diverse cultures by showing how we innovate, adapt, and learn from each other to create music—the language of the soul.
Position Summary: This full-time salary position will be responsible for providing operational support in the Volunteer Services department at MIM as described below.
- Prepares and processes a variety of correspondence, reports and other materials (e.g. reports, surveys, invitations, weekly email communications, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Conduct annual volunteer team member survey and present results and recommendations.
- Responds to a wide range of program-specific and general inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
- Assist existing volunteers with on-going needs and questions, demonstrating good judgment and understanding of collaboration required and MIM brand
- Compiles data (e.g. volunteer team member hours, milestones, participation, attendance, personnel records, etc.) for the purpose of preparing reports, processing requests or providing recognition.
- Conducts interviews with prospective volunteer team members and coordinates the onboarding and training processes.
- Coordinates assigned projects and/or program components (e.g. recruitment and training materials, application processing, arranging resources for training sessions and meetings, etc.)
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. Volgistics databases, calendars, handbooks, and reports) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and materials (e.g. forms, office supplies, recognition gifts, uniform shirts, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring items’ availability.
- Coordinate events for the volunteer team monthly.
- Oversee Volgistics system and create new volunteer files; train all new volunteers on the Volgistics scheduling system
- Oversee the scheduling, preparation, and coordination of new volunteer orientations (hospitality, badges, MIM tours, shirt sales)
- Assist existing volunteers with on-going needs and questions
- Regularly track and analyze volunteer hours
- Coordinate and track a comprehensive volunteer benefits and incentive programs
- Oversee planning of the annual volunteer appreciation and recognition events
- Bachelor’s degree in non-profit leadership, museum studies or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience working with volunteers
- Ability to work some weekend days
- Ability to effectively and efficiently work on multiple projects in fast-paced environment
- Well-organized, detail oriented, creative, and resourceful, with strong spoken, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer skills – capable and efficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (experience working with electronic databases preferred)
- Must enjoy collaborating with team members from multiple departments
- Must be comfortable communicating and relating well with people of all ages
- Must set an example of professionalism
Qualified candidates should include cover letter and resume and apply by clicking on the link below: