The Grotto’s Executive Director is responsible for the leadership and operations of the shrine. Under the Board of Directors, s/he will lead, partner with the Servite Friars, and oversee the shrine as a place of solitude, peace, and prayer, while navigating its financial stability. If you are a gifted and outgoing leader possessing strong organizational, fund-development, and financial skills and thrive in a values-based work environment, we look forward to hearing from you. This is an opportunity to create a lasting legacy with dedicated staff and colleagues in a profoundly mission-based and collaborative setting.
Charged with embracing and implementing the founding mission and values of The Grotto, a successful candidate will provide executive and operational leadership for the shrine; s/he will be an experienced administrator, working collaboratively and with innovation. The new Executive Director will be a skilled resource developer and an articulate champion for this unique shrine and landmark.
About The Grotto
The Grotto is an internationally-renowned Catholic shrine dedicated to Mary, Our Sorrowful Mother; it is a ministry of the Servite Friars – Order of Friar Servants of Mary. The Grotto endeavors to serve all people and is an inviting destination for both pilgrims and tourists alike.
The Grotto provides a spiritual and peaceful retreat for more than 300,000 visitors each year from all faiths and from all walks of life. In addition to its 62-acres of beautiful gardens, pathways, and world-class religious artwork, The Grotto offers enrichment and education through The Grotto Spirituality Program. The Grotto Conference Center provides a serene setting for business meetings, community workshops, and religious retreats.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicant must be a Roman Catholic
Dynamic and Collaborative Leader
- Help guide the course for the next chapter in The Grotto’s history
- Demonstrate ability to unify, lead, and build an effective staff team
- Support and collaborate with board of directors; promote their success
- Collaborate with the shrine Rector in support of ministerial and spiritual functions
- Inspire broad public support for The Grotto’s mission
- Manage strategic priorities to meet goals as determined by board and staff
- Demonstrate understanding of nonprofit finance, budgets, and financial statements
- Excellence in managing financial and personnel resources effectively
Effective Communicator and Resource Developer
- Articulate in promoting The Grotto’s mission (written and spoken)
- Develop and expand community partnerships and alliances
- Set a development vision to ensure resources are available for present and future
- needs of the shrine
- Provide leadership to the development staff and board to ensure success
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For a complete job description and core requirements for applicants,
please go to: https://thegrotto.org/executive-director-job-description/