Purpose/ Summary: The Admissions Supervisor is responsible for providing excellent service to Pacific Science Center visitors and enhancing the guest experience through positive interactions and the management of customer-centric staff. They aid directly in ticketing, inquiries and conflict resolution and assist in the safety and security of all guests and staff. They provide secondary oversight of other frontline staff and are a point person for unforeseen circumstances, escalation protocol, problem solving and providing just-in-time resources. They facilitate connections and effective communications between staff and teams, and serve as a knowledge base on tactical issues related to facilities and campus operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Service: Role model and provide a positive, well-informed experience for Pacific Science Center patrons onsite, via phone and via email. Adeptly handle escalated guest issues and resolve to satisfaction of both guest and Pacific Science Center.
- Staff Supervision and Support: Manage Admission Representatives, by providing regular observation and timely feedback, scheduling, assignment of tasks, accuracy measurements, enforcement of rules and standards, strong communication and proactive response. Be a resource for needs of other Admissions staff and staff from other departments. Support and aid Admissions and Guest Services Manager in specifically requested areas and on efforts to maximize success of Guest Services as a whole.
- Operational Support: Proactively communicate cross-departmentally and contribute to/drive results from overall operational functions. This includes groups such as custodial, facilities, events, membership, etc. Convey feedback to support making improvements and streamlining in facility appearance, potential and existing hazards, logistics of regular programming and events, and more – being the voice of the guest experience from their perspective and the Science Center’s.
- Security & Safety: Aid in the security and safety of Pacific Science Center staff, guests and facilities through proactive monitoring and skillful and appropriate response when called upon.
- Financial integrity: Provide for the accurate tracking of Pacific Science Center assets and cash reconciliation across multiple work groups. Perform cash room duties as needed including deposits.
- Ticketing/Payment Operations and Reporting: Contribute to the maintenance of Pacific Science Center ticketing and payment systems and troubleshoot when any problems occur, to include garage systems. Harvest relevant data and use in analyzing pricing trends and recommendations.