Community Engagement Manager
The Natural History Family of Museum is seeking a Community Engagement Manager for our Education and Programs department. As part of the Education and Programs Division, the Community Engagement Manager works closely with the Director, Programs to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for creating community programs and partnerships in Los Angeles County; work collaboratively with Museum staff and community members to ensure inclusive and authentic partnerships; develop, budget, plan and implement community programs for the diverse audiences of Los Angeles.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop strategy for community partnerships and programs both onsite and in satellite locations.
- Cultivate relationships with key Los Angeles County organizations ie. libraries, LA Parks & Rec, etc.
- Content creation, development, planning and scheduling of community programs.
- Coordination with multiple departments for marketing, promotion, content development and execution of programs.
- Production and tracking of budgets, attendance and demographic reports as needed.
- Participate in and oversee calendar for the Community Engagement Council
- Facilitation support for other Public Programs.
This position has the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, History, or Natural Sciences
- Five or more years of experience developing community partnerships and/ or educational programming
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be an effective collaborator
- Must possess cultural competence, sensitivity and knowledge of target communities
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail.
- Very flexible and helpful; occasional weekend hours will be required.
- Proficiency in using PC computers and Microsoft Office software, databases, and internet.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Spanish language fluency preferred.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is seeking applicants who have demonstrated experience and commitment working with a diverse community. Salary is commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits. This is a full time regular, non-exempt position.
A cover letter, current resume, and list of 3-4 references are required for all applicants. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled. Interested candidates please visit www.nhm.org/jobs and click the link of the position for which you are interested.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, No Phone Calls, No Fax.
To apply, please go to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment....