Custodians perform daily routines and periodic scheduled tasks as well as special projects. This team matters: they are the front line of our guest experience, being ambassadors for our guests while cleaning and creating a welcoming environment in our facilities and grounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Wear proper protective equipment at all times
- Vacuum, sweep, mop, clean carpet (using both powered and hand vacuums and or small extractors) and carpet extraction, buffing
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms and restock supplies
- Empty all trash cans and replace liners
- Handle recycling material
- Must wash, clean and dust walls, railing, glass and stainless steel
- Maintain supplies and equipment in clean and operable condition within individual service closets
- Carry out periodic special cleaning functions
- Assist in updating the maintenance log on a timely basis with items for Facilities staff to repair or replace
- Interact and communicate as needed with other department staff and guests
- Adhere to, participate in and promote Pacific Science Center employment policies, operating fundamentals, events and culture
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.