Oakland Museum of California
Req No 2017-1207
Type Regular Full-Time
Closing Date ..
Targeted Job Start Date 8/1/2017
The Oakland Museum of California values are fundamental to our institutional culture and guide our work together.
Excellence: We are committed to excellence and working at the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
Community: We believe everyone should feel welcome and part of our community, both within the Museum and with our visitors and neighbors.
Innovation: We embrace innovation and calculated risk-taking to achieve our mission.
Commitment: Our work at the Museum demonstrates a sense of purpose and a shared accountability for the institution's success.
The Event Services Coordinator supports the Event Services Manager in the administration of internal and external events within the Oakland Museum of California. The Event Coordinator responds to member customer inquiries on the phone, in person, and via email.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects OMCA's definition of essential functions for this position, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. OMCA may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Support the Museum's mission, values, vision, and core commitment to the visitor experience, community engagement, and institutional relevancy for the future
- Contribute to and support the OMCA strategic plan, annual priorities, and institutional initiatives such as diversity advancement
- Contribute to a positive organizational culture based on mutual respect, a spirit of collegiality, cooperation, and openness to many perspectives
- Participate in a culture of ongoing learning, collaboration, innovation, creativity, and community engagement
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain all event documents, including insurance records, permits, contracts, loading requirements, etc and convert to digital format
- Maintain a database of rental clients and vendors
- Act as initial point of contact for event inquiries, respond to clients in a timely manner in writing, in person or via the telephone
- Participate in the request for proposal (RFP) process for acquiring preferred vendors, track success of vendors and communicate to clients and staff accordingly
- Track and maintain preferred vendor licenses, permits and insurance
- Process deposits and purchase authorizations for all Event Services clients and vendors
- Conduct market research on event rental programs, vendors, services to continue to grow a robust rental program
- Track revenue and expenditures for external events
- Coordinate and maintain minutes for Production meetings
- Facilitate post-event follow-up to include processing invoices, incident reports, record keeping and follow to clients
- Collaborate with Museum operations regarding facility usage and event execution, and compliance with facilities, local, state and federal building guidelines and permitting
- Troubleshoot when unexpected situations arise, causing an event to be compromised
- Track and coordinate vendor lists and arrival times for designated event rentals
- Schedule and conduct client walk through for potential rental events
- Create quotes for potential event rental events based on OMCA guidelines
- Convert quotes into rental contracts and provide to clients
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A combination of experience and education that demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge and abilities for this position is required as noted:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required
- A.A. or B.A. degree in relevant field preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience required
- Knowledge and experience in event production, audio-visual systems and procedures, food and beverage, customer service, and vendor relationships
- English, fluent in both spoken and written form
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to the following:
- Noise, such as groups of people working in enclosed areas
- Typical office environment
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
The Oakland Museum of California is a multicultural organization, committed to diversity and practicing equal opportunity employment in recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for open positions.