The Museum’s Facilities Director plays a key role in several areas of the Museum of the African Diaspora (MoAD) – from the smooth functioning of building operations, to the management of internal systems that keep all staff up and running. As a member of the Museum’s leadership team the Facilities Director sets a significant institutional pace and tone.
For this position MoAD seeks a full time Facilities Director to supervise building operations and maintenance, security services, janitorial services, information technology, building safety, and overall operation of the physical plant at 685 Mission Street. The work schedule is variable due to museum program and exhibitions schedule needs and is considered on-call 24/7 for building emergencies and incidents.
This is an important time to join the Museum’s team, with advance exhibition schedules in place and exciting digital transformations on the near horizon, the Facilities Director will play a significant part in realizing the Museum’s vision for 2020.
Full benefits package, including vacation, sick, holidays, FSA, pre-tax commuter benefit, and health/dental/vision with employer contributions at 90% for employees and 60% for dependents.
MoAD, a contemporary art museum, celebrates Black cultures, ignites challenging conversations, and inspires learning through the global lens of the African Diaspora. Located in the St. Regis Hotel Tower at Mission and Third Street, MoAD has occupied the building for 14 years. The Museum contains approximately 8200 square feet of exhibition space and 4800 square feet of administration space on three floors.
Ensure our physical space is well cared for, helping create a positive environment for Museum staff and visitors.
- Work with Exhibitions Director to ensure building environment complies with museum standards
- Oversee building maintenance, including: monitor and inspect for needed repairs and/or upgrades, carrying out minor repairs / fixes where possible; schedule and supervise out-sourced security, janitorial, and other building service providers (e.g., plumbers, technicians, service providers, elevator technicians, engineers, etc.); monitor and manage systems for HVAC and electrical (with building engineers), security and alarm; building permits
- Manage internet and phone; administer Office 365, Dropbox and other IT services
- Manage staff building access credentials and keys, employee equipment, off-site storage site
- Develop annual department budget, oversee ongoing department expenditures
- Develop and ensure compliance with health and safety processes and procedures
- Coordinate neighborhood affiliations that impact MoAD as a Yerba Buena resident
- On call 24/7 for building related emergencies or incidents
- Work in tandem with Museum Rental Team for set-up/break down of equipment for events
- Periodically serve as house manager for rental events
- Minimum three years office coordination or facilities management experience
- Strong vendor management skills, to build and maintain good relationships with outside vendors; supervisory experience preferred
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, carpentry and other maintenance-related areas
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done; upbeat and energetic attitude with a sense of urgency and good humor
- Agility and ability for minor structural / cosmetic repairs
- Comfort reading, understanding, and negotiating contracts and leases.
- Basic knowledge of building infrastructure (IT, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.)
- Top-notch written and oral communication
- Ability to work well with diverse team members across all organizational levels
- Good judgement and capacity to maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Museum building environment standards preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., ability to communicate via phone and use computer for extended periods
Application and Deadline
Please submit resume and cover letter to: MoADTalentAcquisitionTeam@moadsf.org The cover letter should highlight why you are interested in working for the Museum. Please write “Facilities Director Search” in the subject line. No phone calls, no agents please.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
MoAD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.