Oakland Museum of California
Req No 2017-1196
Category Human Resources and Executive Offices
Type Regular Full-Time
Closing Date ..
Targeted Job Start Date 5/1/2017
The Oakland Museum of California values are fundamental to our institutional culture and guide our work together.
Excellence: We are committed to excellence and working at the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
Community: We believe everyone should feel welcome and part of our community, both within the Museum and with our visitors and neighbors.
Innovation: We embrace innovation and calculated risk-taking to achieve our mission.
Commitment: Our work at the Museum demonstrates a sense of purpose and a shared accountability for the institution's success.
The Human Resource Generalist supports OMCA's Human Resources function by managing benefits administration including: responding to routine and complex inquiries, processing of billing, and participating in enrollment and termination of benefits. The position provides payroll administration back up, is responsible for record retention, posting and audit requirements and general administration. Assists the HR department with recruitment, volunteer management and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects OMCA's definition of essential functions for this position, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. OMCA may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Support the Museum's mission, values, vision, and core commitment to the visitor experience, community engagement, and institutional relevancy for the future
- Contribute to and support the OMCA strategic plan, annual priorities, and institutional initiatives such as diversity advancement
- Contribute to a positive organizational culture based on mutual respect, a spirit of collegiality, cooperation, and openness to many perspectives
- Participate in a culture of ongoing learning, collaboration, innovation, creativity, and community engagement
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Benefits & Payroll Administration
- Participate in annual benefits election activities with broker and in conjunction with the Director, Human Resources, coordinate annual open enrollment activities, and monthly health and wellness events
- Responsible for the administration of employee enrollments into benefits plans, billing audits/payments and annual reporting requirements
- Administer the COBRA benefits for former employees
- Act as a back up to Payroll Administrator
- Responsible for monthly reporting and data updates to HR/benefits information system
- Administer workers compensation claims and documentation
- Responsible for compliance with manager Harassment Prevention training and annual conflict of interest policy procedures
- Administer compliance training and documentation for staff as needed (i.e. employee handbook)
- Responsible for maintaining required labor law postings and notices, HR record retention, personnel and medical files, as well as, other HR related documentation
- Partner with HR Director to complete annual reporting requirements including: Medicare Part D, EEO filing, Vet 100/100A, Osha 300, etc
- Partner with HR Director to complete annual salary and benefit surveys and analyze data from surveys received
- Manage EDD filings and responses
- Partner with HR Director to administer leave of absence procedures
Employment Life Cycle
- Partner with institutional recruiter and other related staff regarding recruitment and onboarding activities, internship/fellowship programs and volunteer management
- Partner with HR Director regarding termination processing, off-boarding activities and exit interview data collection
- Provide assistance with preliminary employment investigations and respond to grievances; provide guidance and coaching to staff as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A combination of experience and education that demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge and abilities for this position is required as noted:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required
- A.A. or B.A. degree in related field and/or PHR Certification preferred
- 5-7 years Human Resource experience required
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint required, and HRIS software, required
- Experience with payroll processing, labor laws and payroll accounting
- Basic knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws
- Ability to interface and work well with all levels of management and staff, while maintaining confidentiality and using sound judgment, required
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with varying priorities and pay attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Flexibility and excellent organizational skills
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to the following:
- Noise, such as groups of people working in enclosed areas
- Typical office environment
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
The Oakland Museum of California is a multicultural organization, committed to diversity and practicing equal opportunity employment in recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for open positions.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9gxynkd69k