The Oakland Museum of California strives to provide innovative learning opportunities to students of diverse backgrounds and areas of study that are interested in working with a multidisciplinary museum that puts visitors and community at the center of our work.
The Oakland Museum of California values are fundamental to our institutional culture and guide our work together.
Excellence: We are committed to excellence and working at the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
Community: We believe everyone should feel welcome and part of our community, both within the Museum and with our visitors and neighbors.
Innovation: We embrace innovation and calculated risk-taking to achieve our mission.
Commitment: Our work at the Museum demonstrates a sense of purpose and a shared accountability for the institution's success.
The Information Technology Intern will participate in the planning and design of an updated organizational website. The position will help identify website needs and develop a project scope for a website revision.
- Learn workplace research techniques and project plan development
- Internal stakeholder needs assessment
- Community needs assessment
- Best practices in web navigation and accessibility
Under the close supervision of Human Resource Director and Recruiter, the intern will learn about and gain direct experience in:
- Conducting research and informational interviews;
- Presenting program ideas and outlining implementation of programs;
- Prior experience or educational courses in computer science or web design
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong command of written english language
- Experience with Drupal, PHP and HTML. Knowledge of web site requirements gathering, wireframe and prototype development. An understanding of Content Management Systems and software selection processes.
- At least 18 years of age
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to the following:
- General office environment
- Paid hourly rate
- Free one year annual membership including cafe and store discounts
- Cultural Connections Membership
- American Alliance of Museums Membership
We are happy to work with your educational institution to provide credit for this internship.
The Oakland Museum of California is dedicated to diversity, inclusion, accessibility and equity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ability/disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We highly encourage our diverse community to apply for available employment, internship, fellowship and volunteer positions at the Museum, as we aim to ensure our staff reflects the diversity of our visitors and surrounding community.