Join your museum colleagues in Edmonton!
With the Alberta Museums Association and the theme of UNITE the Western Museums Association's 2017 Annual Meeting will focus on the ways museums can unite across sectors, across communities, and across borders to work towards innovative and inclusive solutions to shared concerns.
Member Early Bird Rate: $350
Member Regular Rate: $400
Non-Member Regular Rate (Includes WMA membership) : $450
Student Rate: $200
General Rate: $225
Please note that only WMA Members are elligible for the Early Bird Rate. Not a member? Join now!
Please contact email@example.com for Presenter Rate information.
July 28, 2017: Member Early Bird Registration Deadline
August 4, 2017: Hotel Registration Deadline
September 20-23, 2017: 2017 Annual Meeting
Ways to Save
- Become a member of WMA, and enjoy a reduced Annual Meeting registration rate.
- Apply for the Wanda Chin Scholarship.
- Use the Justification Tooklit to demonstrate the value of WMA's Annual Meeting to your boss.
- Volunteer during the Annual Meeting in exhchange for attendance. Volunteers must work for time periods equal to a minimum of four hours; this can be broken up into two–2 hour shifts or one–4 hour shift (preferable). In exchange for work, volunteers will be permitted to attend an equal amount of hours of non-ticketed Annual Meeting events. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
(Prices are in USD)
Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village and Reynolds-Alberta Museum $60
Royal Alberta Museum’s Acheson Collection Centre $40
New Royal Alberta Museum Hard Hat Tour $0
Three-Dimensional Storytelling: Creating Engaging Exhibition Experiences $40
The Empathetic Museum: Beyond Playing Nice $65
Blanket Exercise and Tours of University of Alberta Museums $25
How to Skwish your Museum: A Practical Guide to Museum Sustainability $25
Directors Breakfast $30
Registrars Breakfast $15
Indigenous Breakfast $25
Storytellers Breakfast $25
Alberta Legislative Assembly Visitor Centre $40
- Follow the link to the Registration Page. Enter your email address, select a registration option, and click the "Continue" button.
- On the second page, please provide your contact information, answer questions at the bottom, and click “Continue.”
- You will then be brought to the Events page. Please select any events you wish to attend—some events are ticketed, while others are free; learn more about events here. All information is provided on this page. Your total will then be recalculated, and then click “Continue.”
- You will then be brought to the Payment page, where you will be asked to create a password, accept terms and conditions, and provide payment information.
- The final confirmation page has options to print out and email a receipt.
- Go to the Registration Page, log on and click “View or Change Your Existing Registration.”
- Enter email address and password, click the “Continue” button.
- On next page, click the “Continue” button.
- Select the events you would like to add, then click the “Continue” button.
- Fill out your payment information then click the “Submit” button.
- New events will be added to registration and your credit card will be charged