The Western Museums Association’s (WMA) Annual Meeting is known as a premier venue for those who work in the museum industry to exchange ideas and best practices, network with colleagues, and learn from each other by attending valuable sessions. Attendees come away inspired and energized about their profession. Upon returning home, they seek out opportunities to grow and further the creative culture that is the foundation of our society.
The recent 2019 Annual Meeting was held in Boise, ID on October 4th-7th. The 2019 Program provided a multitude of perspectives representative of today’s museum landscape, and continued the WMA’s rich tradition of provocative programming and educational opportunities. The theme was ENGAGE, and focused on the ways in which museums engaged with their communities, staff, and other institutions. View the 2019 FINAL Program.
2020 Annual Meeting
- Refining mission statements and values
- Embracing diversity, equity, inclusivity, and accessibility
- Acting as agents of social change / social justice / activism
- Finding new methods of preserving collections
- Going Green
- Incorporating new digital technologies into exhibtions and programming
- Joining into unconventional and innovative partnerships
- Creating positive and caring work environments for all museum staff, and boards
With these ideas in mind, we ask YOU to please help strengthen the WMA Community by submitting a session or workshop proposal for our 2020 Annual Meeting. The success of the future Annual Meeting relies upon the diversity of presentations, which create a meaningful and content-rich experience for all of the museum professionals who attended. You can submit a session or workshop proposal here.