The Western Museums Association’s (WMA) Annual Meeting is known as a premier venue for those who work in the museum industry to exchange ideas and best practices, network with colleagues, and learn from each other by attending valuable sessions. Attendees come away inspired and energized about their profession. Upon returning home, they seek out opportunities to grow and further the creative culture that is the foundation of our society.
The recent 2019 Annual Meeting was held in Boise, ID on October 4th-7th. The 2019 Program provided a multitude of perspectives representative of today’s museum landscape, and continued the WMA’s rich tradition of provocative programming and educational opportunities. The theme was ENGAGE, and focused on the ways in which museums engaged with their communities, staff, and other institutions.
2020 Annual Meeting
- Refining mission statements & values
- Embracing diversity, equity, inclusivity, & accessibility
- Acting as agents of social change, social justice, & activism
- Finding new methods of preserving collections
- Going Green
- Incorporating new digital technologies into exhibtions & programming
- Joining into unconventional & innovative partnerships
- Creating positive & caring work environments for all museum staff & boards
Registration & Rates
- Member - Early Bird: $350 (by July 31st)
- Member - Regular: $400 (after July 31st)
- Non-Member: $450
- Student: $200
- Single Day: $225
Discounted rates are for WMA members only. Not a WMA member? Learn more about WMA membership.
NOTE: We are no longer accepting Session or Workshop Proposals for WMA 2020.